Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Since recieving the Jolla C, i asked myself why exactly i got the impression that it is an improvement over the previous Jolla devices.

From day one i started to document various benchmark tests i found and ran on my devices, brought those values onto a common ground i call "Sailfish %" and compiled some diagrams.

I repeated some of the tests when 2.0.2.48 was released and so all tests are done on that version. Nexus5 is running on cm12.1 base.

Sailfish % gives values relative to the fastest sfos device or used component available and will adjust as soon as someone collects and sends in data for faster devices.

Maybe we can help ourselfs to decide which sfos device fits our needs performance wise by estimating from the ones we own currently.
Jolla C, dispite the obvious spec differences to Jolla 1, for example has a much faster disk then Jolla 1, explaining faster app upstarts.
Whereas Jolla1 has faster memory and thus compensates 2 missing cores a little bit in overall comparison.

This is the clickable html version.

The diagrams are only compiled from complete datasets so the comparison is somewhat fair.

conclusions other than dalvik starts fastest on Jolla Tablet and what a shame it is we did not see more of them?

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
How are the Android apps tested on the Nexus 5 - in Android itself, or in Sailfish by some methodology?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
How are the Android apps tested on the Nexus 5 - in Android itself, or in Sailfish by some methodology?
They run within sfdroid on RealJohnGalts cm12.1 base and sfos 2.0.2.48!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post: