Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Hi guys,

Few weeks ago I bought a bluetooth mouse . Bring it home , pair it with my N900 (bluetooth input plugin enabled ), an then ... it was not working

So i start to playing with it ... and the results:

mouse pairs and connects ok with phone;
turning mouse wheel makes phone vibrate
moving the mouse while in browser makes cursor go in i different dimension
after several seconds mouse stops working so reconnect is needed

To make long story short:
Finally i got my bluetooth mouse working. To achieve that:

new bluetooth kernel module (bluetooth.ko)
new evdev driver (evdev_drv.so)

no success showing cursor outside microb (not tried very hard actually)

As neither I have time nor I am experienced enough with debian packaging system and kernel patching I decide to start new thread here, hoping that someone will take it from that point and will make some package in development repository, so all of us proud owners of N900 can use Bluetooth HID devices

So, if anyone is interested in continuing my work, I can post here (or in PM) what needs to be changed in source code in order Bluetooth mice to work

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Describing your workaround in http://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_Unsu...tooth_profiles is probably welcome...

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
Describing your workaround in http://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_Unsu...tooth_profiles is probably welcome...
Maybe it is my english but it is bugfixing, not workaround. In order to have working bluetooth mouse one has to patch and recompile:

kernel bluetooth stack
bluetooth.ko (hci_conn.c and hci_event.c)

xorg evdev driver
evdev_drv.so (evdev.c)

both modules contain bugs, so no workaround, sorry

One of the reasons to open new thread here is that i cannot proceed further on my own, as i lack both knowledge on linux bluetooth stack and X server input drivers and time to learn from scratch debian packaging system.

Or maybe after 3 (yes three) weeks of sleepest nights strugling with N900/BT mouse i feel a little tired

I don't think it is good idea to attach patched versions of the above modules here, as (having lack in knowledge ) i am not sure how my fixes will affect battery life, other BT devices compatibility, etc.

I am C/C++ developer, but my experience with nuts and bolts is mainly in Windows and Linux 2.4 kernel, so...

Come on guys, lets make this thing work for everyone

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
please get this working guys, thanks

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
anyone tried BT mouse with pr1.2 rc