Notices

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Do you enter the "@gmail.com" as it not required ? Do you use a google account or a google hosted domain account ?

Everything works now thank you

Last edited by Kolyan; 2008-12-02 at 16:03.

Here is a test for a new UI of mCalendar, what do you think of it ? personnaly i don't find it really great.

Do you prefer the toolbar on the right or in bottom ? Color of this toolbar really need to be change.

(ps : week view is still in list, and new view will be done in few time).

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
dont look to bad, imo

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
I prefer toolbar on the bottom, fwiw.

Originally Posted by lm2 View Post
I prefer toolbar on the bottom, fwiw.
In fact me too ...

But i think that if i do thing in the right way it could be a prefs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
On the side, definitely. Here's my reasoning. Why shrink the shorter side (height), causing fewer appointments visible, and causing a scrollbar on the side anyway? Most maemo apps (including MicroB) for some reason settle for a 1.5"x2" working area.

Nice monthly calendar view.

One other thought... Can you simplify appointment entries? For example, most of the time I enter all day, one-liner events. I don't need to see start/end time or detailed notes for things like "Bob & Lola's Anniversary" or "Johan on vacation". These things could possibly be hidden in a tab.

It will be good to give the choice to the user by putting it in the prefs, i prefare on the buttom because on the left is the open apps if it on the rigth not enough room for displaying calender nice work congrats

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Last edited by Un27Pee; 2008-12-04 at 19:23.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by BoxOfSnoo View Post
On the side, definitely. Here's my reasoning. Why shrink the shorter side (height), causing fewer appointments visible, and causing a scrollbar on the side anyway? Most maemo apps (including MicroB) for some reason settle for a 1.5"x2" working area.
i think microb does it for ease of address input...

but yes, for pure button bars, i would say that a vertical one makes as much sense as a horizontal one...

oh, and on start time, maybe put in some defaults. if its the first of the day, start it at start of work day, and have a default length (half hour maybe?). the next added will then automatically resume from where the last one ends and so on...

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
Hello,

Of course i'm taking care of it, and will be solved with the next version 0.5. Which is a complete rewrite, with better google sync management.
Great work dude. Other than the above mentioned time sync problem, everything works great... I'm actually starting to dig on the UI layout in .95 the more I use it. Considering the amount of space you have to work with, the pop up month view is just dandy.

Perhaps a date marker like a diagonal line or shading, to show what days have scheduled events, is all that is needed.

Edit: This morning I wanted to delete an item and I did so on Gcal via the web, it did not delete it on Mcal during sync.

Last edited by YoDude; 2008-12-08 at 15:55.

Tags
calendar, google