Posts: 279 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade, Serbia
I've had my N900 since 2009 when it first came out, and it's time for a new one. Up until few days ago I was going to buy the iPhone 5S, but I saw the Blackberry Z30 and it's stunning. I know the company is having some problems now, but I really think they'll work it out, and the Z30 is a great phone. I just wanted to get your opinion and maybe if you know some other great phone than can compete with the Z10 and 5S, but please do not be Nokia or Samsung...

If you are from N900, my instinct would be Z30 fits you better.

Z30 has big screen and decent ppi so browsing/reading/multimedia is a breeze.
BB10 UI will feel more similar to N900; multitask miles better than iPhone
BB10 keyboard feels great
Browser is fasssst

Some downsides are
- Poorer picture quality (especially in low light)
- Much much less apps/games
- Some Z30 seems to have stability issues?

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Thanks for such a great response. Honestly, I love the iPhone, but almost everyone nowadays has one, and I just don't want to be like the rest of them. I saw on the official Blackberry site some apps that are available for the Blackberry 10 OS, and those are pretty much the only ones that I need. I don't really play games that much so the ones that are available would be enough. The only thing that might be an issue for me if I buy the Z30 is the camera. I watched a couple of reviews of Z10 and Z30 and the pictures are not that great, even though it has 8MP camera. I love to take pictures and wouldn't want my new phone to make bad pictures. Anyone here used the Z10 or even Z30 and what are your experiences with the camera...?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
my point:
- iPhone is a product of evil corporation watching you 24/7
- Z30 have less software? But it have android layer

and hey! you can change phones recently, but i suggest you to buy one good camera for ages.

Last edited by coderus; 2013-10-17 at 05:15.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I have a Z10, I have no desire to jump to a Z30 despite a bigger and better screen. It's not even about lesser software - I actually like BB10. I just have a feeling that it's just not going to mature any further than 10.2.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Since burning platform is out of fashion since Elop's mission accomplished I would suggest the term melting down reactors.
BB10 - cooling systems failure, meltdown imminent
iPhone - still in the process of neglecting safety standards and warnings.

The BB10 looks like the nicest OS though.
I agree with the above pro's and at least one of their devices has a HW keyboard.

" I love the iPhone, but almost everyone nowadays has one"

All prejudices ahead, I would tend to respect you more at first sight carrying the BB10 over the iPhone but I would ask if it was your choice or your IT departments' first. Got advice on maemo.org would do

see you when we are al raving about our Sailfish

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Thanks for all replies. Gerbick, can you tell me what quality do you get when taking pictures with your Blackberry Z10...? I think I'll go with Blackberry instead of the iPhone, I just still don't know how good the camera is...

Originally Posted by white_ranger View Post
Thanks for all replies. Gerbick, can you tell me what quality do you get when taking pictures with your Blackberry Z10...? I think I'll go with Blackberry instead of the iPhone, I just still don't know how good the camera is...
I can probably make some available to you. Lemme see if I have anything that's actually worth taking a look at. Will update accordingly.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Lumia 925 is a nice one too. Will make you different in USA and elsewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
New iphone camera certainly outdoes the z10, but i find the quality of the z10 pics pretty good.
In good light, outdoors or indoors, they're great. low light with no flash, they can be bit hit and miss.
Having said that, BB has made a lot of improvements to their software and algorithms and I'm sure the final 10.2 release will improve again.
I'm with Gerbick in that I love the Z10 but not enough to get a Z30...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post: