Posts: 150 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Madrid, Spain
Well, OK, this will be my first time with a Maemo product, but Google came out with Google Sync for my blackberry, and also had it for my Windows Mobile phones. If not, maybe you can use an app just t osync google ONCE to your device or to do it MANUALLY everytime .

Arg I still can't decide to pre-order this device or not!!! :'( I usually wait for the first few reviews, but my Bold is dying :'( RIP Bold. lol.

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Ugh I tend to hate to install software to use a device (besides drivers). Hopefully we'll be able to use other software, though as long as PC Suite is multi-platform (Linux, Windows, and even OSX) and it's not terrible memory wise and all I guess I'm fine with it.
In most Nokia devices you can use USB mass storage to access the memory (and therefore put applications on it to install 'on-device'), so it doesn't necessarily need drivers.

There is no Linux PC Suite at the moment but I think they intend to make one using Qt, why wouldn't you? I believe that might be the Ovi Suite work they're doing in Beta Labs.

Originally Posted by badger View Post
Can confirm this, I have N900 and there is no OTA SyncML capability... This means that there is no Ovi Contacts via SyncML
Sorry I'm new with last generation of Nokia devices. What does "Ovi Contacts" exactly refers to?

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Ugh I tend to hate to install software to use a device (besides drivers). Hopefully we'll be able to use other software, though as long as PC Suite is multi-platform (Linux, Windows, and even OSX) and it's not terrible memory wise and all I guess I'm fine with it.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=29

Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
i'm saying this without any in-depth understanding of how the contacts and calendar work in meamo5, but i wonder whether it would be feasible to expect the contacts and calendar application in maemo to be ported to ubuntu? i can think of at least one pleasant use-case:

OTA syncronization of contacts, (conversation) and calendar with a desktop computer, similar to what's possible with ical on mac os x and the iphone.

Last edited by edgar2; 2009-09-22 at 10:26. Reason: meta comment: should i create an idea in brainstorm for this?

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
I'm also working on something to ensure your contacts are as fully populated as they can be (including birthdays) as automatically as possible.
Some screenshots of the initial GUI:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3086350...7622487386764/

To do:
  • Manual mapping from contact to Facebook/Twitter friends
  • Allowing creation of new contacts (desirable?)
  • Automatic resyncing for profile pic changes
  • Prettier main screen
  • Package and publish beta version

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post: