Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Not really. My experience is the exact opposite: network stability improved with 1.1.9.
Bad on both for me. Given Conman's general disfunctionality, unless there's an extended period of considerable improvement, I'd find it very difficult to say that it actually improved.

But at least they finally implemented browser based wifi login that works in 1.1.7 ... small victories.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
Bad on both for me. Given Conman's general disfunctionality, unless there's an extended period of considerable improvement, I'd find it very difficult to say that it actually improved.
For me, it was a case of having to disconnect and connect again on my home network about every 10-15 minutes. Quite annoying and hard to forget. Since 1.1.9, I come home and spend the evening without a single loss of connectivity. I did not do anything to my home network setup, 1.1.9 is the only variable that has changed. Of course it may still be a coincidence.

But at least they finally implemented browser based wifi login that works in 1.1.7 ... small victories.
What's that? If you mean the browser popping up in my pocket every time I stop to fill to fill up at Tesco, because Tesco is a remembered network going through a capture portal, then that annoys me to no end. I wish it was not there, or at least could be turned off.

My only two issues I've experienced so far on 1.1.9 are:

1) Twice last week I have had the UI crashed by Jolla Store. After that I have had to rebuild the application registry - which rebooted the phone. It's not predictably reproduceable. Hadn't happened before or (so far) since.

2) Twice I've had to reboot to be able to put it in airplane mode. However, both times I had tried to switch it on using the events view patch so haven't ruled out a non-standard cause. Also, it's been just before going to sleep so haven't had the time or inclination to delve into the settings. I might try and reproduce it during the day some time.

Other than that, no real issues. So all good.

Originally Posted by skanky View Post
Twice last week I have had the UI crashed by Jolla Store. After that I have had to rebuild the application registry - which rebooted the phone. It's not predictably reproduceable. Hadn't happened before or (so far) since.
Had that too. About four times in two weeks. Was happily downloading when suddenly - a popup about corrupt application registry. What does that have to do with anything? Next thing I know, all my Openrepos settings are lost, Weather forgets all stations, plus one or two other things, can't remembered what.

Cleaned up the device, rebalanced the FS, removed the battery and cleaned the contacts, only for it to happen again two days later. Either exactly the same or just a random reboot while doing something as taxing the device as taking a picture or typing an SMS response.

Eventually fixed by replacing the battery. Original, 2 years old for a new HTC Desire 310. No problems at all for over a week and counting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
pichlo, on what trip are you?
You really replaced that user-replacable battery even Jolla told us not to do so!!!
Bad guy

But honestly that thing really makes me think to return/refund ...
(not that I wouldn't have in stock already )

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
The browser is missing the add-ons feature.

In the last few updates, I was able to install adlock and configure firefox settings using about:addons and about:config.

Now the about: page will not render in the screen format again, as it was in sailOS 1.7+, and the addons option has been deactivated.

When launching about:config, this still opens in sailfish UI but it is broken. It no longer displays all the options and when scrolling, the list view does not render leaving gaps in the config list.

I do not believe that addons have been completely disabled as HTMLEverywhere is still working.

They may have made the browser snappier, but at the loss of user control. And I am still experiencing screen tear on web pages.

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2015-10-12 at 14:39.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
For me, it was a case of having to disconnect and connect again on my home network about every 10-15 minutes. Quite annoying and hard to forget. Since 1.1.9, I come home and spend the evening without a single loss of connectivity. I did not do anything to my home network setup, 1.1.9 is the only variable that has changed. Of course it may still be a coincidence.
I have a similar issue but with the gsm/umts data, i hace to connect and disconnect and every thing runs until next time.

Is there some patch for bringing back proper action covers like we used to have ? :c Or it is over for the best user experience on smartphone ? ;x Horizontal orientation is also so androidish ....

Originally Posted by Marold View Post
Horizontal orientation is also so androidish ....
That's funny, that is exactly what I thought about the forced portrait orientation. But then, I came to Jolla from the best of the best, the glorious N900.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Had that too. About four times in two weeks. Was happily downloading when suddenly - a popup about corrupt application registry. What does that have to do with anything? Next thing I know, all my Openrepos settings are lost, Weather forgets all stations, plus one or two other things, can't remembered what.

Cleaned up the device, rebalanced the FS, removed the battery and cleaned the contacts, only for it to happen again two days later. Either exactly the same or just a random reboot while doing something as taxing the device as taking a picture or typing an SMS response.

Eventually fixed by replacing the battery. Original, 2 years old for a new HTC Desire 310. No problems at all for over a week and counting.
That's not really the same issue I had. It was opening the store app, and stuff like the weather wasn't affected. Not sure about the OpenRepos stuff as those repos get lost every now and then - though it could be the utilities fixing the registry that does that, I've not checked as it's only just occurred to me.