Notices

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Toronto, Canada
What's the plan for maemo mapper on n810?

Don't know. I've been too busy with v2.0 to look at Chinook, but it should be reasonably easy to support it. Don't know about the built-in GPS, either, but if it's available via a file system device (similar to how RFCOMM works), then Maemo Mapper should already support it. We'll see. Chinook is not my priority at the moment.

Originally Posted by szucsati View Post
Hello,

Just a short question: Is it possible somehow to plan the route offline?
I guess you can. Only thing is you have to decide how to go to destination. try tap on the screen and do not life the stylus till it shows a popup menu. from the menu use the options some thing like 'add to way point' and 'add to ...' i do not remember the exact names, right now i do not have my n770 with me. with those options you can draw a route which can be used offline.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
Don't know. I've been too busy with v2.0 to look at Chinook, but it should be reasonably easy to support it. Don't know about the built-in GPS, either, but if it's available via a file system device (similar to how RFCOMM works), then Maemo Mapper should already support it. We'll see. Chinook is not my priority at the moment.
Thanks Gnuite, for the consistent support through this thread. I come back to read it just to check on progress and need to let you know how eagerly I am looking forward to it. I have deliberately resisted getting a BT receiver and even playing with MM because I know 2.0 is just going to rock. And, selfishly, I'd love to see it work on the 08 OS, as I will definitely be installing that asap! Keep up the good work!

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Canada
I have to say this is still the best application on my n800. I use it everytime I go on a roadtrip. Great support gnuite, I cant wait for ver 2.0. One favor I have is if you could list some of the main features that have been added and will probably be releaed on ver 2.0 . This will help reducing repitition of same suggestions. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Nik1 View Post
One favor I have is if you could list some of the main features that have been added and will probably be releaed on ver 2.0 . This will help reducing repitition of same suggestions. Thanks.
Let me see if I can remember them all off-hand:

* Maps stored in single-file databases
* View rotation (including auto-rotate to match heading)
* Drag-to-pan support
* GPSD support
* Click-on-waypoint to see description
* Support for repositories with no map cache at all
* On-screen compass
* Better memory utilization
* View refresh indicator (hourglass feedback)
* More robust bluetooth receiver handling (no more crashing when out of range)
* Code reorganization (easier to read - no more singular 15,000-line file).
* POI import from GPX file
* POI download from internet
* POI browser (maybe)
* POI save to GPX file (maybe)

I think that's most of the big, noticeable changes. There are a bunch of other, smaller, less-noticeable changes, e.g. added options and UI tweaks.

2.0 features all sound very cool. I for one would love to keep up to date with how things are going, though I'm sure you'd like to avoid creating expectations. Still, if you kept a blog of progress we'd all have somewhere to check.

[Edit, removed queries about OS2008 because it was already discussed]

Last edited by sping; 2007-10-24 at 11:59.

Hello!

Can somebody help me?

I'd like to know if it is possible to open maemo-mapper (on my N800) at a specific position? (and add a POI, there, would be nice). From the command line (% maemo-mapper --open something) or from a link in a web page?

Also, is there a way to force the full screen when mapper starts?

Thanks ^^

Originally Posted by t24 View Post
Hello!

Can somebody help me?

I'd like to know if it is possible to open maemo-mapper (on my N800) at a specific position? (and add a POI, there, would be nice). From the command line (% maemo-mapper --open something) or from a link in a web page?

Also, is there a way to force the full screen when mapper starts?

Thanks ^^
Could you give me more details about what exactly is something in your command like, i mean what is the syntax, any example will be nice.

Maemo mapper can go full screen by using menu or hardware keys.

Originally Posted by Green_Star View Post
Could you give me more details about what exactly is something in your command like, i mean what is the syntax, any example will be nice.
Maemo mapper can go full screen by using menu or hardware keys.
Sorry, i was not clear enough. I gave that bogus command line just to make my point

Actually I look for a way to click on a link on a local web page, that opens mapper at the selected position (and if full screen, if possible).