Active Topics

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Appmanager stopped working. All repos green but no apps to download. I wonder if trying to get more repos by adding them extracted from the script for building a developing environment and then removing some api key as was in the script and then not completing the instructuion is the reason.

No, just disabled and enabled repos and now I have the apps again. Must have been related to using bleachbit.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wizzup_ View Post
How do you right click?
In this case, tapping finger on right side of screen

In others using barrier keyboard + mouse sharing.

Thanks for explanation of dorian.

The Following User Says Thank You to clort For This Useful Post:
VLC player works and streaming from youtube works. Now would just need an easy way to get the urls of videos. Minitube doesn't show any info and smtube can't find urls even though the search works and it shows the image and other info of the video. Would be nice to have a youtube search which would just give text info of found videos plus by clicking some icon it would copy the url to clipboard. That would be fast way to get urls to either for youtube-dl to download or for streaming with a player.

And some apps I can't get to open otherwise than with sudo from xterm. Not the best way to launch a browser for example.

I made a devel upgrade. For a while I lost the audio. I thought that maybe I fried the speakers when I tried to make the telegram call. But then I booted to fremantle and Nokia welcome showed the speakers work and after booted back to Leste the audio was back.

I have keyboard layout set to finnish but it doesn't work in apps. Virtual keyboard works in xterm but I don't know how else I could make certain special characters like : or ;. So if I have needed to write https: for url I have written that with virtual keyboard in xterm, copied that and then pasted to app. Should make a note where are all the characters from where I could copy them when needed. Or is there an easier way? I use what I know and have.

Dillo didn't open any webpage or resolved DNS unless I opened it with sudo. I hoped that it would have been a fast tools to get youtube urls but it opened youtube as a blank page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Would be nice to have a youtube search ...

Dillo...
for youtube, i enjoyed using mps-youtube - a console client for searching youtube. it could launch mplayer, mpv backends. unfortunately the quota for the youtube api has been exceeded. to use it you'll need your own key. if you do have a key, it requires python3-pafy and youtube-dl as dependencies.

Dillo can load sites for me (that don't require javascript). With some fltk hacking it could have a thumb-friendly UI:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clort For This Useful Post:
Installed enlightenment desktop and rebooted device. Got into a nice login screen. I had made a normal user plus the sudo user. Sudo user (default leste install user) did not accept the password. The normal user I had created accepted. The desktop tried to open and I saw the enlightenment wellcome window on the desktop but only for half a second, then was thrown back to lgin screen. Too bad. I would have wanted to try it. Now I need to install the whole system again but it was already such a mess that I thought it doesn't really matter if I have to start from scratch.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Maemish -- sorry for not responding earlier - been quite busy. Looks like you've had a lot of fun with the system.

That said. A new update post is imminent (hopefully this week). Just in the last few days we got most of the clock-ui finished. Qalendar is also mostly usable, and even syncevolution now works.

I synced my Fremantle N900 Calendar <-> Radicale Server <-> Calendar Leste Droid 4. No problem.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:
I just washed my N900 and it is closed circuit now. Lost a lot of pictures and also notes and stuff. I think my next N900 on use will be with Leste with calls and sms.

Edit: Managed to get my N900 to boot up and charge. There is now on staying red light and camera is not working but I may be able to save pictures and stuff. I took the device into parts and put the all soaked wet parts to a bag with rice and left there for a day. First it tried to boot up but crashed couple of times but at last it booted.

Edit: Now writing with N900 again. Sound works and sim but camera not. Maybe it will someday again.

Last edited by Maemish; 2020-10-06 at 21:18.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
I just washed my N900 ....
Was it that dirty at all?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Well it wasn't dirty before soaking it in water but now it has become a permanent red light district. Maybe that is why the camera doesn't work: no photographing aloud. Can it be some Nokia policy leftover in the system?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
What is the purple status led signifying during shutdown? I hadn't noticed this before.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clort For This Useful Post:

Tags
leste, maemo 7