Active Topics

I'm buying a N8
What do you think...should I keep my N900 or sell it online..

In your opinion which phone is the best??

They're completely different devices, so comparing them is a bit silly.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
i own both, and love them both but i went back to the n900 cause i need push email, internet.

The n8 is a great phone. I liked symbian very much, its easy to use and extremely practical. However if you put spb shell on there the n8 looks and runs amazing. I got mine just for the camera.. And when i hooked it via hdmi to the tv, the pictures and videos looked crystal clear. Ovi map gps works very well, so as a multimedia device the n8 is a brilliant phone.

But as a beginner, i have not seem anything as simple and wonderful to use as maemo 5 and the n900 fits my needs perfectly.

At the end its up to you, but i would keep both. N900 for everyday, n8 when you go out

keep both. theres nothing wrong with two devices

As a phone N8's gr8.
As a smartphone, N8 is mediocre (its a capable device with one major flaw) and I'd put it on the same field as:
-Samsung Wave (best available features - lack of apps/anything)
-BB's (excellent phoning/txt/email/corporate - lack of entertainment
-An android phone from 2009, like CLIQ (perfect everything - but lacks the grunt+software for apps).

Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
i have both. but i gotta say that n900 is better coz of the useful stuff it has that the n8 won't ever have like faircrack, psfreedom, great browser and speed.

the only things i like abt my n8 are the anodized aluminum housing and bright amoled gorilla glass display. for a form factor that has no hardware keys, it does not have a portrait qwerty which sucks a lot coz i always have to tilt it sideways just to access the qwerty.

sometimes i just wish that the 2 devices were fused together lol.

Last edited by shockgiga; 2011-02-19 at 09:57.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by paul_lozada007 View Post
I'm buying a N8

personally I would never sell my n900 there is still no replacement atm. maybe a complement but not a replacement. n900 = computer, n8 = smartphone

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Romania
I'm buying a N8

I think N900 is the best!

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
1- N900 is not a phone.
2- N900 is better than anything, at the moment. If you see, when there was no tablet with 1 GHz speed, N900 was there.. Even right now after so much time, all advance phones and tablets have that processor speed...

I'm buying a N8

One question why are you buying an N8 now if you already own an N900, as it seems a backward step to me? Especially now there is going to be no long term Nokia support for Symbian.