Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Current thoughts on the main view:
  • The red stamp should be changed to green. A slightly leakier abstraction more more obvious.
  • Ideally some kind of table, so that my vote, karma count, timestamp, whether it's unlocked and whether it's got the requisite votes were all lined up consistently. The problem with buttons is that the centred text looks ragged.
  • Some nice monochrome icons for passed, unlocked & waiting would be quite nice; IMHO.
I must admit that I have zero sense for design, so I'm very open to design patches (a previous employer of mine said if I was to do the design of the apps we publish, we'd go bankrupt - I still like to think that was mostly due to a grossly miscalibrated monitor ). In any case, the current, WiP look (yes, I know, not a grid, pass stamp is red and all), so that people not following gitorious could chip in:
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
As an example, perhaps FapMan can implement that when a user removes a package, it calls KISStester who checks to see if the app they are removing is a extras-testing app in need of votes, and whether the user already rated it or not, and if not prompt the user if they wish to rate the app... etc.
While going through dpkg-trigger docs it occured to me that if a package would include KISStester in the package control file (as a trigger/dependency) it could 'signal' KISStester that it is prepared to receive feedback. Note that this feedback notification would NOT be shown to people who install the app from Extras, only those that have the package installed from extras-testing, and if the package is still in testing and past, say, half the quarantine period (with the obvious option to "ignore" feedback requests, just like updates in HAM, so it would not pester users who are not interested). Do you think this would be too aggressive ?

Last edited by attila77; 2010-08-16 at 21:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
While going through dpkg-trigger docs it occured to me that if a package would include KISStester in the package control file (as a trigger/dependency) it could 'signal' KISStester that it is prepared to receive feedback. Note that this feedback notification would NOT be shown to people who install the app from Extras, only those that have the package installed from extras-testing, and if the package is still in testing and past, say, half the quarantine period (with the obvious option to "ignore" feedback requests, just like updates in HAM, so it would not pester users who are not interested). Do you think this would be too aggressive ?
No more so than Androids system if you remove a package from the Market app. I am not sure you can even silence that.

In Android (when I last used it) you could remove the app from a different location in settings and bypass it.

Tying it into dpkg on these will mean any app that uses the deb subsystem will use this.. so the options to hide would definitely be necessary.. but with them I think it's a great idea. Though it is something else for package maintainers to remember to add.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
And now we have a new design to go with this cool app! I assisted our awesome developer Attila and we came up with this little visual upgrade. Hope you like. It will be implemented in one of the future builds.
Attached Images

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ivanzorkic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by ivanzorkic View Post
And now we have a new design to go with this cool app! I assisted our awesome developer Attila and we came up with this little visual upgrade. Hope you like. It will be implemented in one of the future builds.
Looks fantastic!

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Looks good. Care to explain what icons mean?

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Looks great, "k:" and "d:" are a little obfuscated, but otherwise nice. Not sure what the far left icon (the spanner does), and the "tick" presumably is whether I've voted - or is it if I've voted up/down?

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Looks great, "k:" and "d:" are a little obfuscated, but otherwise nice. Not sure what the far left icon (the spanner does), and the "tick" presumably is whether I've voted - or is it if I've voted up/down?
The spanner is a WiP feature, it shows whether the package in question is an upgrade to a package already in Extras (doesn't *mean* anything, but just so you have a little scope). Maybe we could have something more intuitive as an icon for that...

The "tick" means it has enough karma for promotion. Your own votes are shown at the beginning of the line via thumbs up/down.

PS. New version up on gitorious for those that want to check

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Applied new design (special thanks to ivanzorkic, already sent me new update icons, press thank a few posts above if you didn't do that yet). Did change the look a bit by using Nokia Sans Condensed fonts to be able to fit longer application names...

In other (more important) news we have working comments (yay !), too, a new version is heading towards extras devel. I think we're getting close to something that can be used publicly - now, where are those patches for bugtracker checking and integrating optification check scripts !
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Thoughts on the UI for Bugtracker & optification?

Ideally a HeCheckButton as that would allow a button like:

/ \ Optified
\ / No files in /opt or Python directories

/ \ Bug tracker
\ / bugs.maemo.org/...=hermes

Is that possible in Qt?

EDIT: this is what it looks like:

Tags
extras qa, extras-testing, kisstester