Notices

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
modRana V0.34.1 has been released !

Well, it was actually released yesterday.

Whats new ?
Code:
* more efficient and robust track logging
 * logging is incremental and does not slow down as the tracklog gets longer
 * logging to two separate temporary files for more robustness against software or device crash
 * modRana check for temporary tracklog files from last session on startup and exports them to GPX
* fix logging trace not displaying properly
 * drawing the logging trace should now be also more efficient
* the distict color selector now has captions in the target colors

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam
I encounter this error all the time:
Exception in thread Thread-22:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/threading.py", line 486, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "/opt/modrana/modules/mod_mapTiles.py", line 1042, in run
self.callback.storeInMemmory(tileDownloadFailedSur face,self.name,'semiPermanentError',expireTimestam p)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'tileDownloadFailedSurface' referenced before assignment

It appear when the tile get downloaded and prepare to show, the screen just appear "loading..." and no map shown.

And regarding language routing, I am a native Vietnamese speaker, please tell me what I can to to make Modrana speaks Vietnameses as English voice cannot pronounce Vietnamese street names

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cantruchd For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ken-Young View Post
I like your algorithm 4. You set a floor below which the threshold cannot fall, and have no discontinuity at the point where you start using HDOP information. If the HDOP is a one standard deviation radius, then 3 standard deviations is a good threshold.
Oops, sorry, I meant number 4.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cantruchd View Post
self.run()
self.callback.storeInMemmory(tileDownloadFailedSur face,self.name,'semiPermanentError',expireTimestam p)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'tileDownloadFailedSurface' referenced before assignment

It appear when the tile get downloaded and prepare to show, the screen just appear "loading..." and no map shown.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

And regarding language routing, I am a native Vietnamese speaker, please tell me what I can to to make Modrana speaks Vietnameses as English voice cannot pronounce Vietnamese street names
Looks like Google provides directions in Vietnamese and Espeak has (experimental) Vietnamese support. I'll add Vietnamese to the list of supported filters and it should appear in options->navigation->language->Language for directions once next modRana update is released.

BTW, any language supported by both Google & Espeak can be used in modRana. Any other requests ?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
So I've released an update (V0.34.4, that has Vietnamese language support for directions (looks like it was actually already here, but a bug in paged item menu caused that it was not visible in the menu ) and directions filter improvements from Geoff Kuenning (who already helped to improve spoken directions last summer). Thanks Geoff !

How to enable spoken direction in Vietnamese (or any other supported language) ?

Select the language in Options->Navigation->Language->Language for directions.

Please not that the distance announcements are not (yet) translated and are in English for all languages.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 98 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by 7thd View Post
So I looked for options.bin as well, but it wasnīt there to be found.
I re-placed options.bin which solved my issue. The desired reload of configured options does take place again with this file present.
Switching between Modes goes fairly well, too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7thd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam
self.run()

@MartinK, I think I figured out the problem:

First, I accidentally use volume button to change volume,but instead I change the zoom level to around 56.

there is no map at this zoom level, so there was a http exception

you catched this exception,however, the variable are not assigned, that's what the error show.

So I fixed by change zoom level and also put line 1043 and 1044 before line 1042.

Hope this helps

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cantruchd For This Useful Post:
@MartinK, I think I figured out the problem:

First, I accidentally use volume button to change volume,but instead I change the zoom level to around 56.

there is no map at this zoom level, so there was a http exception

you catched this exception,however, the variable are not assigned, that's what the error show.

So I fixed by change zoom level and also put line 1043 and 1044 before line 1042.

Hope this helps
Thanks ! Fixed in this commit.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
modRana V0.34.5 has been released
Most importantly, this version fixes some issue that Saera uses had with the CLI initiated search queries (Saera currently uses modRana to handle searches for various kinds of food in the near vicinity). Other than that, search queries should be now more robust and generally a bit better to use.

I've also fixed a bug, that caused the cancel button of the search work-in-progress overlay to also trigger any other underlying buttons (like for example the centering toggle button).

Changelog:
Code:
* fix CLI search failing if the device is offline when the search is initiated
 * this should improve the food search in Saera
* wait for GPS fix & Internet connectivity to be established by searches that need it
* fix work-in-progress overlay "cancel" button also triggering buttons in the layer below

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Hi MartinK,

thanks for your continous work on this project!

First of all, modrana-qml is no longer workling for me, see attached text-file for the output when started in xterm.

Much more important for me is the display of tracks generated by the webiste http://www.gpsies.com.
I use these for planing bicycle-tours and follow the tracks to not get lost somewhere, recording it at the same time to improve OSMīs data when necessary.

When I create a track there and display it at modrana, it looks like this:
http://talk.maemo.org/attachment.php...1&d=1347009537
You can see a wrong straight line between some trackpoints. In this track there are only two, but I also had tracks with three or five of them making it hard to figure out what is the right way to go

In comparison to that, Mappero shows the track correctly:
http://talk.maemo.org/attachment.php...1&d=1347009730

I attached the zipped gpx-File, hope you can reproduce this issue.

CU Michael
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: txt modrana_qml_crash.txt (3.9 KB, 96 views)
File Type: zip GpsiesTrack.gpx.zip (11.5 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by magic_doc; 2012-09-07 at 09:37. Reason: Overseen second false track line

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to magic_doc For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, martin_rocks, modrana, navigation, openstreetmap, the best, wehasgps