Active Topics

can anyone please solve my problem of connecting via usb.please

Stop spamming the thread please with your ******** problem. Once is enough.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@ pail: Who is the author of compcache notify patch? I want to ask him some questions re other changes introduced with it

@others - semi-success with compcache, with "swap free notifications" disabled and some kernel cache management patches it seems to work stable, I've been able to use 160MB ramzswap0 device with no obvious problems. Later on will post kernel and compcache patches here, so anyone interested to be able to test them. Enabling notifications always leads to crash, still have no idea what the reason is.

Last edited by freemangordon; 2011-08-26 at 07:31.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@others - semi-success with compcache, with "swap free notifications" disabled and some kernel cache management patches it seems to work stable, I've been able to use 160MB ramzswap0 device with no obvious problems. Later on will post kernel and compcache patches here, so anyone interested to be able to test them. Enabling notifications always leads to crash, still have no idea what the reason is.
Eagerly awaiting! Perhaps you could then start a new thread for that specific matter, since it easily drowns in this one?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aanckar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@ pail: Who is the author of compcache notify patch? I want to ask him some questions re other changes introduced with it

Start a new thread please freeman, this is one of the most exciting developments since injection capable wifi drivers.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
Stop spamming the thread please with your ******** problem. Once is enough.
do you even fcking know the meaning of spamming? why the fck wont i seek help if i have problems.and its not something that the problem is very weird or no one ever had this problem. if you cant help then i guess you should keep your fcking mouth shut.thats the best thing for you to do.i cant connect my phone via usb.do you even know how frustrating it is?

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Start a new thread please freeman, this is one of the most exciting developments since injection capable wifi drivers.
Yes yes yes yes, true, so true.

Compcache is the the feature I've been waiting for months.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jormartr For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
okay.will do it.a new problem.i mentioned earlier that i cannot connect via usb.this problem is still there.dint get any solution.and one more thng.i came home with 29 percent.wanted to connect via usb.bt could not.then i rebooted my phone.the charge was 35 percent.how come? and still i cudnt connect it via usb----device storage in use.please help
I'm not sure the device in use problem is kp48 related.

Last time I experienced this problem I had a queen beecon accessing images in MyDocs..
When you connect by usb make sure there are no open programs running (like filebox) which may be accessing MyDocs.
Try connecting immediately after rebooting the phone as the desktop loads.

The only other way to access your system reliably is to install OpenSSH-server from the repository, and connect to it wirelessly using WinSCP.

The Following User Says Thank You to [DarkGUNMAN] For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I confirm this problem - more precisely, You *can* save file edited as root, but reboot occur, when You try to "save as" - it happens all the time, exactly before moment, when prompt for location should pop-up.

I've also installed latest Busybox power, so I'm also not sure which one - kp48 or busybox - cause this oddity.

// Edit

It's possible, that people with R&D mode enabled, won't meet that problem (watchdogs disabled). So, please write about Your R&D mode status, while confirming/denying this issue. I got R&D mode off.

Also, when gaining root in xterm via "sudo gainroot" running leafpad ("leafpad", just to open blank), then choosing "save as", leafpad crashes with seagfault. I don't know if that is related though, haven't tested this exact method before.
Confirm. Happened to me at least twice while editing QtLockscreen configs in /opt. KP48 xlv profile @805MHz w/ Smartreflex fully enabled, and Speedpatch / Batterypatch running. But w/o R&D mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
On a side note, are the injection drivers still unstable on kp48?

Hmm, Maemo 5 + 2.6.28.10-power48 + compcache + lxp's wl1251. Great stuff!

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou