Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
I'm still waiting on those ubuntu tvs annouced last year lol. Without hardware partners Ubuntu phone wont go very far. Our best hope is still jolla IMO
Are you sure? How's CyanogenMod doing without hardware partners, for example? This is especially apt, considering they've decided to flagship this on the Galaxy Nexus--a very popular device that was also INTENDED for such hackery. What's Jolla using as their flagship?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
They've said various platforms, the only ones you ever hear about is N9/950, but pop into the relevant IRC channels, mail-lists etc & you'll see them playing around with other hw.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
I'm still waiting on those ubuntu tvs annouced last year lol. Without hardware partners Ubuntu phone wont go very far. Our best hope is still jolla IMO
Firefox OS supposedly has ZTE on-board for at least one phone this year, in conjunction with some major EU carrier...
Not sure where Unbuntu's at with that, last I checked they still didn't have anything concrete IIRC, but I'm sure they will soon enough.
Anyway all this is very off-topic, keep the ideas coming for the docs please....

Looking increasingly likely that BoD will avoid discussions here, & not seek engagement with those who use TMO to exchange ideas/thoughts
Hopefully timsamof et al are just busy & do plan to outline their next step(s) in carrying this initiative forward, & be responsive to feedback on that.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-01-13 at 06:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
So I saw some of the BoD reading this thread when I was posting #226, any chance we can get a bit of a dialogue/exchange going soon? TY.
*BUMP* @timsamof

Only when you've got a bit of time to engage with folks here ofc.

Thank-you!

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-01-13 at 06:49.

Shmerl to the rescue again, thanks buddy, take your time to get it right, it still won't take as long as the BoD seemingly will.
That last sentence of mine sounded rude, apologies if any offence was caused, not my intent.

BoD/Council has other things they need to focus on, primarily, not what the intent/focus of this thread is.
I had a lengthy chat with timsamof & the approach he outlined was very different to what we'd planned here.
We have a good system in place that has the potential serve us well, I think we should proceed.

At the very least we need an update & open dialogue here soon, not just in mail-lists etc...
So that everyone can: "hear from the horses mouth", agree/disagree with the new plan, suggest new or replacement ideas.
Instead of me relaying "supposed convos", which I'm reluctant to do anyway....
@shmerl, Are you still going to proceed with this?
In the meantime someone else has already presented a whole bunch of Qns to Jolla, even though we've been preparing ours for way longer.
http://www.allboutn9.info/2013/01/fa...ilfish-os.html

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-01-22 at 04:25.

Yes, I was waiting for forum to come back up. I'll send the list this week.

It seems to me 'someone' who published these questions just took our list and presented them as their own without even discussing it. I find it disrespectful. However we can now mark the questions which were answered there in the list, to avoid sending the answered ones. I'll go over it.

Last edited by shmerl; 2013-01-22 at 04:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Yes, I was waiting for forum to come back up. I'll send the list this week.

It seems to me 'someone' who published these questions just took our list and presented them as their own without even discussing it. I find it disrespectful. However we can now mark the questions which were answered there in the list, to avoid sending the answered ones. I'll go over it.
Looks like 'Someone' owns an answer here. Why so much aggression? I already wrote you back on http://www.allboutn9.info/2013/01/fa...ilfish-os.html - before others think they can rant on our website.

Our article has nothing to do with TMO and if you had read from the beginning you would have seen this phrase:

"We picked out some of the best frequently asked questions on Jolla's official Twitter account and listened them here."

Yes that's the source. I went (it took quiet some time!) through Jolla's Twitter account, selecting the best questions and answer - especially because I saw people were asking the same over and over. In case you need proof, simply visit their account. You'll find every single answer there. BTW, we are very serious about sources - TMO has always been mentioned when necessary.

Not only TMO talks about Jolla...the world is bigger than that. The dumbest the small MeeGo/Sailfish community could to is to fight about such things. So let's be smart and stop that.

Last edited by almamo; 2013-01-22 at 05:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to almamo For This Useful Post:
No aggression, but questions look way too similar. Anyway, end result still helps, since some questions were answered.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
No aggression, but questions look way too similar. Anyway, end result still helps, since some questions were answered.
At least an excuse could be expected. I haven't gone through this thread yet, but I can imagine that the questions would be similar. Don't we all have the same or at least similar questions...? But I hope that TMO comes up with some more specific questions concerning development/system etc.

Those questions were already answered a while ago - I collected & united them to one page. Feel free to scroll all the way down on https://twitter.com/JollaMobile. Furthermore check out https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Main_Page (I hope Jolla won't be accused for stealing answer from here). In case you find just 1 single answer on our page which isn't listened in those 2 sources, I'm ready to talk.

This behaviour is unacceptable & a shame for TMO (saying that as a donator & supporter of TMO - despite not being very active in here due own projects).

Last edited by almamo; 2013-01-22 at 05:45.

You can review the questions yourself: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...On-v9TphY/edit

Sorry, I didn't want to sound harsh, but similarity is too strong. Potentially it can be caused by same people asking the same questions in different places. Anyway, we indeed want the same - to get some answers from Jolla, so it's good that they answered some already.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
jolla, nokia-again?, not-so-open, totally closed, zipper is open