Active Topics

btw since kagu works both on OS2006 and OS2007, this thread should probably be in the General section of the forum.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
Originally Posted by trevarthan View Post
Which headset do you have? Model #?
Motorola H500.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Fylde Coast
I absolutely love the new look and feature/functionality goes from strength to strength. Bravo

One question - how do I add artist picture? I tried putting albums into individual group folders, then added a jpeg to that folder entitled artist, but Kagu just displays the default cd icon.

Keep up the fantastic work

Last edited by ClockworkCar; 2007-09-18 at 22:41.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by audioworld View Post
ascherjim,

your questions are perfectly valid, the KAGU developers are extremly busy at improving the application, adding new features and fullfilling requests. So I volunteered to add some documentation (I was as puzzled as you what all those icons are doing and how the app really works). Please look at the KAGU WIKI pages on maemo garage:
https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/wik...?id=304&type=g

all your pending questions are answered there, for example BUTTONS+ICONS:
https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/wik...&id=304&type=g

Please be aware that the screenshots still show the "old" skin (derived from 1.0.7), the new green skin+icons were just added VERY recently and makes the documentation look outdated, but the functional descriptions do fully apply.
Does this really require Python? I have not installed Python and Kagu works just fine... Maybe he Wiki needs updating?

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Does this really require Python? I have not installed Python and Kagu works just fine... Maybe he Wiki needs updating?
type python at the command line...

mara,

yes, kagu definitely needs to have python installed. btw, I update the WIKI almost daily (the screenshots are already show the most recent "green" skin by yagzu), so at the moment there are not "historical artefacts" in there.-)

maybe some other application installed python in the background without you noticing (I am no programming wizard to tell if this is possible, only speculating here)

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by audioworld View Post
mara,

yes, kagu definitely needs to have python installed. btw, I update the WIKI almost daily (the screenshots are already show the most recent "green" skin by yagzu), so at the moment there are not "historical artefacts" in there.-)

maybe some other application installed python in the background without you noticing (I am no programming wizard to tell if this is possible, only speculating here)
Hmm... that must have happened since typing python on xterm does indicate it is there... It is not shown in installed applications, though?

Originally Posted by unique311 View Post
Motorola H500.
I think I mentioned this already, but that's not an A2DP headset. It's a SCO headset. That's why it doesn't work. It isn't designed to work yet. We've got a ticket for that, but I'm not sure if it will ever get worked on by me as I don't have a whole lot of interest in supporting mono headsets right now:
https://www.guardiani.us/projects/kagu/ticket/17

Originally Posted by ClockworkCar View Post
I absolutely love the new look and feature/functionality goes from strength to strength. Bravo

One question - how do I add artist picture? I tried putting albums into individual group folders, then added a jpeg to that folder entitled artist, but Kagu just displays the default cd icon.

Keep up the fantastic work
Not possible in 1.0.8. It downloads them automatically or not at all. New ticket: https://www.guardiani.us/projects/ka...et/123#preview

mara,

in my list of installed application python DOES show up as "python 2.5 runtime". So if your KAGU works without this runtime installed, I also do not know what is up...

trevarthan: is it possible to run KAGU without the python runtime?