Active Topics

Another amazing release! Well done!

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Great job!!!!

ascherjim,

your questions are perfectly valid, the KAGU developers are extremly busy at improving the application, adding new features and fullfilling requests. So I volunteered to add some documentation (I was as puzzled as you what all those icons are doing and how the app really works). Please look at the KAGU WIKI pages on maemo garage:
https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/wik...?id=304&type=g

all your pending questions are answered there, for example BUTTONS+ICONS:
https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/wik...&id=304&type=g

Please be aware that the screenshots still show the "old" skin (derived from 1.0.7), the new green skin+icons were just added VERY recently and makes the documentation look outdated, but the functional descriptions do fully apply.

Originally Posted by unique311 View Post
Still, my bluetooth headset is not playing nice with my n800, followed the simplified instructions on the site to the bone.
shows that the device is connected, but no sound.
but all in all, tis the only issue i'm having.
Oh did I mention visualization would be a nice add.

Guess thats a feature request.
Which headset do you have? Model #?

Originally Posted by unique311 View Post
Oh did I mention visualization would be a nice add.

Guess thats a feature request.
We're thinking about it. I've spoken with one of the Canola devs who is a bit smarter than I and he told me about something called libvisual that hooks into mplayer. So yeah, visuals are a possibility in the future, but they'll require mplayer, I think.

good job, I like the background and style much better

Originally Posted by VCi15 View Post
good job, I like the background and style much better
We haven't started an official Kagu 1.0.8 thread yet, so I guess we'll use this one.

I'd like to give a huge "Thank You" to yogz, who joined us from the community and gave us the new "Green" theme just a few days before the release. He's very very talented, and it's quite awesome! Thank You, yogz! You're the man!

Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
1. How do you build your playlist without having Kagu (seemingly) begin playing the instant the first item is entered? Is there a way to delay the starting of play until the full playlist is assembled?
No, it always starts playing immediately. Sorry. That just seemed like the "correct" thing to do.

2. I know this issue has been raised before, but in the new version can you now save a playlist, and if so how (and also how to name it)?
We're working very hard on the new playlist code. Currently, when you exit Kagu it saves the playlist to:

Code:
 ~/.kagu/playlist.m3u
And it'll load that playlist for you automatically when Kagu is started back up again.

Also, the scanner will look for any m3u files (playlists) on your tablet, with a few exceptions to avoid pulling in Nokia Media Server m3u's.

There is no "Save As" functionality yet. We need an onscreen keyboard for that so we put it off till the next release. Coming Soon!

3. How do you delete a playlist? The new version now has a separate (and welcome) listing of playlists (some of which it has initially extracted from some obscure(?) file source in my N800).
Delete the playlist from your filesystem, then re-run the scanner. We might add delete functionality along with "Save As" in future versions. That would make sense.

Originally Posted by audioworld View Post
ascherjim,

your questions are perfectly valid, the KAGU developers are extremly busy at improving the application, adding new features and fullfilling requests. So I volunteered to add some documentation (I was as puzzled as you what all those icons are doing and how the app really works). Please look at the KAGU WIKI pages on maemo garage:
https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/wik...?id=304&type=g

all your pending questions are answered there, for example BUTTONS+ICONS:
https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/wik...&id=304&type=g

Please be aware that the screenshots still show the "old" skin (derived from 1.0.7), the new green skin+icons were just added VERY recently and makes the documentation look outdated, but the functional descriptions do fully apply.
Audioworld: Many thanks for your very helpful response, as well as initiative in developing this wiki. It's all fairly complex, with of course some duplication of controls, but now at least I have some idea how to manage the loading and playback of playlists. (I just wish Kagu wouldn't start playing the moment I add the first item to the playlist. I'm hopeful that this, among other matters I raised earlier, might be dealt with in the future.) Again, thanks to all of you.

ascherjim:

I just couldnīt wait to update the WIKI with screenshots of new skin.
Please check it again, now it explains the new green icons..-)