Active Topics

Here is what I see now that I have updated:

1 - When turning on the 770 (booting up) it seems the progress bar gets about 1/8 of the way then resets (the screen blinks) and starts at zero again. It then gets to about a 1/3 of the way and stops (but the 770 looks like it is continuing to boot up) then a few seconds later the home screen appears.
2 - On a couple of occasions I have had 770 reboot immediately after the initial booting process completes and getting to the home page.
3 - The control panel memory seems to work much better now.
4 - It does seem to handle memory conditions better as I too have had no "out of memory" alerts. ESPN now works!

Has anyone else noticed the same booting issues as I annotated in 1 & 2 above?

Tony

This is a much improved OS in general... much more responsive.

Did it break nethack for any of you other roguelike-geeks out there?

I cant get it to run anymore. It seems to just shut down the 770.

cAPS

Gack. nethack does the same thing to my 770. I just reflashed, and then installed and tried to run it, and it rebooted.

Help! Browser performance means nothing if I don't have nethack!

The dash is a reflection of what region/locale you set (or at least it was). If you set the keyboard to UK English, you get the -, but not if you chose US English.

I really wish they have the _ symbol on the main keyboard. That gets used a lot. I just update mine to 3.2005.53-13. The first time I tried to flash it, it locked up at 10%...I had to perform the update again which went through. My 770 seems a little more peppy but I'm experiencing more problems. Playing a radio station caused it to reboot. I can't duplicate again though. And my browser closes for no reason on certain web sites. On the other hand...my email seem to be improved and everything seem slightly faster including dragging an image around in the image viewer. It isn't as choppy. Else seems normal.

I upgraded this morning. Still no New Zealand cities in the clock.

Originally Posted by bhima
Help! Browser performance means nothing if I don't have nethack!
Well... I am glad I am not the only one with the problem... umm... and the non working Nethack

I will forward the bug on to the developer.

cAPS

Just installed the new update...
Going to Inbox, after 2 secs 770 reboot.
Tried 10 times already.
Anyone any idea ?

People here have said that there's a new Windows flasher - does the old Linux one still work?

Originally Posted by Nickster
People here have said that there's a new Windows flasher - does the old Linux one still work?
Yes.
It worked fine for me