Notices

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
One last suggestion. I not sure how many people are actually seeing this topic/posts here. You may want to start another thread/topic to get more eyeballs on it. Congrats on wanting to get away from android .

x

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Many newer devices needs bluetooth low energi (ble) to work and that is not possible on the n900. At least as far as I know.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to proprog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by xman View Post
branja,

it's never a guarantee, but you might want to provide links to source code or an api or something that would help and one thinking about making a program for this device. There used to be a software call open watch, which could be another start.
x
The version of Java for gadgetbridge is off from what is on the N900, the best bet is is to use it as a playbook for someone interested in writing a new maemo app.

As for bluetooth 4 LE on the N900 not sure if the hardware could handle that, but we know that nobody is writing a new driver for an old kernel without the ten year old NDA only specs being leaked.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
As for bluetooth 4 LE on the N900 not sure if the hardware could handle that, but we know that nobody is writing a new driver for an old kernel without the ten year old NDA only specs being leaked.
There is new kernel for N900 out here, Maemo Leste. Don't know if it supports Bluetooth 4 LTE, though.

How is Maebble? Is it possible to update firmware on Pebble Time?

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
There is new kernel for N900 out here, Maemo Leste. Don't know if it supports Bluetooth 4 LTE, though.
'New' kernel doesn't support Bluetooth at all for now, https://elinux.org/N900 and I don't ever see it supporting BLE.

The Following User Says Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
I'm still working on app and firmware support but it's going very slow. Most of the functions are converted but they are not tested, and I need to find a good way to eg trigger a install.

Just recently bought a used time steel to replace my faulty time. Will probably use the watch more often now since the classic feels a bit to retro for my taste. With one watch to use and one to test with I hope I can make faster progress.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to proprog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Austria
Where can I download python-bluez, because its not available under http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...mantle/free/p/ for installation?
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to druk13 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by druk13 View Post
Where can I download python-bluez, because its not available under http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...mantle/free/p/ for installation?
Thanks
hint: folder pybluez

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
hint: folder pybluez
Thanks Halftux, but 'python-bluez_0.18-1maemo1_armel.deb' is not compatible with CSSU-Testing

The Following User Says Thank You to druk13 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by druk13 View Post
Thanks Halftux, but 'python-bluez_0.18-1maemo1_armel.deb' is not compatible with CSSU-Testing
Why is that?
What did you do?
Any error message?

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble time, smart watch