I made both of the changes and rebooted, but neither change seemed to have worked. Any ideas?

HELP!

I changed the mce.ini to change the action to softpoweroff. After a reboot, both the short press and long press turns the unit OFF. I can no longer bring up the menu by a short press. I'm kicking myself for not having made a backup of the original mce.ini. Could anyone here post an original or working mce.ini so that I can get my menu back?

Thanks!

I have the same problem as above. I undid my changes but the problem still persists.
My home and power buttons do not function correctly. Pressing home goes to home
screen and power turns off the device instead of displaying the menu. It's very hard to unlock after idle since Short-press on power nutton is screwed up. If I press the power button exactly right, 1 times out of ten I'll be asked to hit the center button. No matter what values I use in mce.ini, the behavior is the same.

This has only happened with the newest firmware.

On an unrelated note... If I'm typing in a text box with touch keyboard, and press center to open the thumb keyboard, whatever I was typing is mixed up. The only way I know to describe it would be by showing you. When I return home next week I will record via vnc2swf and upload here.

I really don't want to reflash. I can manually backup my home dir via ssh or terminal, but not installed applications. I'm not familiar with APT or Debian (I'm a Slackware/Arch guy), but I know I can backup my repository list. Is there a command to list installed packages, and a command to read that list through a pipe to re-install if I were to reflash my firmware?

Thanks.