Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Not sure how to interpret that.
1. Jolla is small and cannot afford to experiment like Microsoft or Nokia can?
Jolla is small and if it manages to sell as many devices as M$/Nokia did with Windows phone, they'll be super successful.
2. Jolla is small and small UX mishaps can be more easily forgiven?
Only by a fraction of the users I'd say - especially the first ones. Having said that, for what I've seen so far, the work done in the N9/Jolla related to UX has been the best in the industry that I've seen. But that's my personal opinion.
3. Jolla is small and the UI designing people are closer to the developers and therefore any UX mishaps are inexcusable?
design/dev communication is inexcusable however big you are. Jolla has the only advantage that they are small and can react to changes quicker than the big ones, without having to go through a committee and all that.

4. Anything else?
The main point is the first one - Jolla doesn't need to sell hundreds of millions of devices to be relevant. I'm personally happy for them _not_ to be too relevant but successful for a few years so that they stay close to the ground and source. I personally don't want another CEO/CIO/CTO that knows null about technology (or oil platforms) leading a technology company.

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Sale pitch? Buy it, or don't buy it.

Or maybe something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ilMx7k7mso

(not fully off topic, but there is a parallel with the current mobile industry)

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
WIt' now the answer by now. So whats the next move from jolla? New device. Market. O H. Android launcher or simply sit back and let the ball role with current setup and market. The pitch was...how do you convince windows/Ios/android users...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-03-25 at 22:03.

Interesting community. Seems like most people dont want to promote the OS

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by vasavrs View Post
It's all based on the OP. Do some research on his character then you'll understand the lack of enthusiasm.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by vasavrs View Post
I think we are promoting it quit well. But jolla must give as something to work with. Great example is sail for Android, that is stuff communities can use to spread the word. At the same time we should keep sane about it. Too many fanboys post for my taste but everyone is entitled to their view I hope they keep going if they think it's the right way.

Jolla strategy and way forward is still not clear to me and probably not for jolla either. I guess they go day by day with some great vision in the back of the heads. What will really happen is still unknown and only time will tell...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-03-30 at 13:16.