For the past few days I've noticed that the weather provided by the Sailfish Foreca integration is not updating on my phone - the temperature on the lock screen is stuck at what it was last Monday, the weather applet shows "No network", and the app itself shows "Problem loading information - Try again". Is anyone else seeing this issue? Is there something I can patch to get the information back? I'm running 3.3.0.16, currently.

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Works perfectly here, no idea why they would but maybe they deleted your location?

The Following User Says Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
It's been two weeks since weather doesn't update. "No network" in my case too. I'm also running 3.3.0.16 on XA2 on Tmobile network.

Don't think this issue is location connected. The app would not load any location at all.

Any ideas, anyone?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
It may be fixed with newest (EA) release.
But no answer regarding a fix for any older firmware (not to expect!).

I did not notice problems with meecast (using foreca)...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
I'm on 3.4.0.24 so that's probably why mine still works, didn't remember upgrading from 3.3 but seems I did!

The Following User Says Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
Works perfectly here, no idea why they would but maybe they deleted your location?
Seems unlikely as I have it set to the nearest large city. Also, as N77 said, I cannot load *any* location (I get the same error as soon as I start typing something into location search).

I'm on the Pro1 which as far as I know has issues with the latest release. Can anyone compare the weather app and see what changed? It may be that we could manually patch it on 3.3.0.16 to update whatever changed there.

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
[...] It may be that we could manually patch it on 3.3.0.16 to update whatever changed there.
Or use MeeCast for SailfishOS with Meecast Event View and Meecast Daemon, which are Free Software (in contrast to Foreca's / Jolla's "Weather" app) and offers many weather data providers (among them Foreca and Weather.com, the latter providing the best forecast, IMO).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Meecast Event View would not install. Meecast Daemon installs but besides making the phone blink every 5 secs while in use is useless.

The good news is MeeCast works

Originally Posted by olf View Post
Or use MeeCast for SailfishOS with Meecast Event View and Meecast Daemon, which are Free Software (in contrast to Foreca's / Jolla's "Weather" app) and offers many weather data providers (among them Foreca and Weather.com, the latter providing the best forecast, IMO).
Thank you, this is working well for me!

Originally Posted by N77
Meecast Event View would not install. Meecast Daemon installs but besides making the phone blink every 5 secs while in use is useless.

The good news is MeeCast works
For me, neither seemed to work until I rebooted, and now they're both working fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Updated to 3.4.0.24 and now Weather works.

Tags
weather