Active Topics

I'm wondering: Would it have advantages/does it mean a lot of work to
change to CM14 as base? Someone mentioned this in a post before and I'm not sure what to think about the idea.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sailor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
@sailor

It is possible and hopefully the video recording is working again. If a 12.1 base is working well you'll have the advantage of Android support. I hope that the bugs from the past are gone, like the crappy battery live and the slow OTA updates.

@claustn

Should be a missing package. Is the package mtp-vendor-configuration-sailfish installed? Just a wild guess.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
Yeah, it would be nice to have video recording too, but I don't use it so much.
I am a bit concerned about the call issues you talked about, does it occur often?

Anyway, thanks a lot!
I agree. I don't use video recording at all on my Nexus, so that is a nice to have. Especially as the recording doesn't really working on other 3.x versions either.

About the issues during the calls. Well, I have to say it is always present at incoming calls.
Today I tested a bit and it seems the audio and microphone are muted by default for the incoming calls. Therefore right after I accepted the call I needed to push the volume up with the volume rocker and had to toggle the microphone icon. After this, the call worked and we could hear each other.
BUT! For incoming calls if the other party disconnects the call, at my end the call somehow remained "active". I am not sure how to explain it but if next time if the same caller calls me, the phone thinks there is an ongoing call in progress and offers to put the old "active" call on hold/end and accept the new one.
This is strange and I didn't find out the reason behind. Even if I restarted the ofono and network, didn't help, just when I rebooted the phone.
Interestingly the outgoing calls work ok.

So I welcome any help and test on this area.

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
As the calls (incoming/outgoing) are the most stable on 3.0.3.9 maybe the AD is responsible for this behaviour. I'll test my build without installed AD and any Android app to see whether the situation is better. I'll report back.

If anybody is interested I re-packaged the sudo rpm. I included the modified sudoers file where I added nemo and the sudo command doesn't ask password. It can be downloaded from here.

News.
it is good or bad depends on your own preference.

I have tested the last build (wip0.19 available in my signature) without AD and calls worked as expected. Everything. Inbound/outbound. There were no issues with audio, ear piece, loudspeaker and microphone.
So, the strange behaviour is definitely related to the AD, moreover I think to one of the android app I installed. (I suspect the linphone.)
I'll too test that and report back.

Last edited by edp17; 2019-12-01 at 11:00.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Could you check if package geoclue-provider-mlsdb is installed?
If not please add it to jolla-configuration-hammerhead in patterns. It is required to use Mozilla Services for faster GPS fix.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Could you check if package geoclue-provider-mlsdb is installed?
If not please add it to jolla-configuration-hammerhead in patterns. It is required to use Mozilla Services for faster GPS fix.
Yes, I can confirm this is included in the build.
geoclue-provider-mlsdb and geoclue-provider-mlsdb-agreements are both installed.

Last edited by edp17; 2019-12-02 at 09:41.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
News.
it is good or bad depends on your own preference.

I have tested the last build (wip0.19 available in my signature) without AD and calls worked as expected. Everything. Inbound/outbound. There were no issues with audio, ear piece, loudspeaker and microphone.
So, the strange behaviour is definitely related to the AD, moreover I think to one of the android app I installed. (I suspect the linphone.)
I'll too test that and report back.
So is it related to AD or that specific app (linphone)?
What is the difference of this new image with the previous one?

The Following User Says Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
So is it related to AD or that specific app (linphone)?
What is the difference of this new image with the previous one?
I have installed AD and a few apps (excluding the linphone) but have not got the chance to test them yet. I'll report once I got the result.

The changes in wip0.19 are:
  • the findutils tool included (maybe this is not a benefit for many but I prefer to use the locate command to find files/folders)
  • a new pa file (arm_qualcomm_msm_8974_hammerhead_flattened_device _tree_000b.pa) in /etc/pulse folder from John Galt's repo. I thought this could solve the recording issues, but it didn't.
  • the '-mapplauncherd-booster-silica-qt5-media' is enabled when I did the build. This is for faster camera start (I am not sure whether the camera starts really quicker but the comment in the file suggested this to switch on for devices with 2GB or more ram.)

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid