Notices

Letter Hunt - a roguelike by Jeff Lait
(http://www.zincland.com/7drl/letterhunt/)

The features of Letter Hunt are:

* Spell words by capturing your foes in the correct order to earn points and powerups.
* Fifty-two letters to capture, many with their own personalities or unique abilities.
* Power-up based character advancement. Rather than gaining experience or levels, you just gain powerups that can wear off. Advancement is not permament.
* Open-ended game - there is no final boss or win condition. Your goal is to get as many points as possible before attrition or increasingly difficult enemies take you down.
* Extremely tactical combat. There is no randomness in combat. You always hit and always do full damage. This means that careful placement is the difference between success and failure.
* Turn based action, as is normal for a roguelike.
* User editable wordlist: The list of valid words is a plain text file that can be added to or replaced. Creature frequency is calculated from letter frequency in the wordlist file.

Changed: comma to acces help as FN doesn't seem to work. Climb stairs with 'd' (both up and down). 's'earching the wordlist doesn't work as there is no way to get CR. To save and 'Q'uit you need to hold shift while pressing q.

Based on the scaled bmp from savescummer port by AapoRantalainen
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: gz letterhunt.tar.gz (394.5 KB, 82 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Do you plan to add this and Hydra Slayer to the repos?

I have no idea what is the process of doing that (and if it can be done on the N900). I can provide the code if anyone wants to (file limit size stopped me from including it in the archive).

UPDATE:

Recompiled with SDL 1.2. Now 's'earching the wordlist works, so you can plan your killing spree with greater precision. Substitute the executable with the attached one.

Have fun!
Attached Files
File Type: gz letterhunt1.2.tar.gz (86.5 KB, 60 views)