Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I've invented one. It's based on sound waves and works the best in line-of-sight situations, but can use a secondary transport medium to work over long distances. It can be configured as peer-to-peer or broadcast. The best of all, it works even if you do not know the ID of your intended target.
Let me guess...Do you call it AirZooka?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-01-05 at 23:07.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
We have a problem. If an advance Alien species watching us right now from one of our closest galaxy neighbors, let’s say via an alien telescope of some sort. They would see some early developed dinosaurs. That’s the time it takes for the light to move. Maybe that’s why they haven’t showed up. Who wants to be eaten by huge lizard

We need learn to bend time and space! Who is with me?

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Anything interesting at CES?

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Not sure. Not up to date. But read something about a pretty boring Sony devices.

UVify's Oori, 60MPH micro drone might be the best of the day

Personally I don’t care about CES. Im looking forward to the reality show The White House, led by Arnold Schwarzenegger. Trump Winfrey. Who else will join the show? We will see. Maybe Christopher Ashton Kutcher.

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-01-08 at 16:31.

Samsung event right now. Pushing out lots of stuff...this is pretty cool. Not sure how useful: https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/07/...s-ac-ces-2018/

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Sure.

LG robot Cloi repeatedly fails on stage
Passenger drone thwarted by light drizzle
Sophia the robot fails to impress

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Actuallly, another piece of CES bad news for me. Huawei and AT&T have canceled their deal to release the Mate 10 in US. I already have the Mate 10, but I would have rebranded it to the US version cause it would have had more features like wi-fi calling, voip, and VoLTE. Regardless Mate 10 is best phone, hardware wise I've ever owned.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
We have a problem. If an advance Alien species watching us right now from one of our closest galaxy neighbors, let’s say via an alien telescope of some sort. They would see some early developed dinosaurs.
That depends on what you consider "our closest galaxy neighbors". Our lovely Milky Way has a few dozen satellite galaxies, many of them in the hundreds to thousands of light years away. Not close enough to catch last night's Planet Earth II, but close enough to watch the humans building the pyramids and/or spreading smallpox to other continents.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That depends on what you consider "our closest galaxy neighbors". Our lovely Milky Way has a few dozen satellite galaxies, many of them in the hundreds to thousands of light years away. Not close enough to catch last night's Planet Earth II, but close enough to watch the humans building the pyramids and/or spreading smallpox to other continents.
In this paricular case I was talking about stephan's quintet.

When will we actually see foldable screens...
http://english.etnews.com/20180109200001

2019??

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-01-09 at 22:26.

Anyone backed or recived this peice of tech?
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/g...device-phone#/

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson