Posts: 14 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Montevarchi (Italy)
Goodmorning everyone, I have an Xperia X F5122, and I have problems with Patchmanager, in the sense that it is doing the flash with Nurmjoki both starting from Mouhijoki and then updating it, it does not work. I have always followed this "procedure" and I have never had any problems: - enable untrusted software; - active the developer mode; - install the "Sailfish Utilities" app from the official store; - I install Storeman; - install the "Patchmanager for Jolla Settings" app I go to "Settings", I click on Patchmanager and I enter the patch management screen. While in fact, with Nurmjoki, this last step does not do it, I can install the patches but without checking them. For example: the patch to have multiple folders, from Storeman install correctly, but I can not view it nor can I enable / disable it from Patchmanager. Where am I wrong?

Originally Posted by mercurio View Post
Goodmorning everyone, I have an Xperia X F5122, and I have problems with Patchmanager, in the sense that it is doing the flash with Nurmjoki both starting from Mouhijoki and then updating it, it does not work. I have always followed this "procedure" and I have never had any problems: - enable untrusted software; - active the developer mode; - install the "Sailfish Utilities" app from the official store; - I install Storeman; - install the "Patchmanager for Jolla Settings" app I go to "Settings", I click on Patchmanager and I enter the patch management screen. While in fact, with Nurmjoki, this last step does not do it, I can install the patches but without checking them. For example: the patch to have multiple folders, from Storeman install correctly, but I can not view it nor can I enable / disable it from Patchmanager. Where am I wrong?
Hi.
Did you install which version of Patchmanager? Because this error was in version 2 and version 3 is all with it. First of all update your repsitorios:
Open the terminal and type:
devel-su
rootme
pkcon refresh
pkcon update

Doing this install Patchmanager 3 and install its patches as you wish.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RafaelVlmendes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Montevarchi (Italy)
Originally Posted by RafaelVlmendes View Post
Hi.
Did you install which version of Patchmanager? Because this error was in version 2 and version 3 is all with it. First of all update your repsitorios:
Open the terminal and type:
devel-su
rootme
pkcon refresh
pkcon update

Doing this install Patchmanager 3 and install its patches as you wish.
Hello,
and I'm sorry if I answer you only today: I've only just seen your answer, which I thank you for!
So I have to install Patchmanager 3 Beta by patchmanager3_beta? Because on Storeman I can not find other Patchmanager 3 ...

The Following User Says Thank You to mercurio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
What is going on here? Patchmanager has been playing up all day, getting progressively more and more messed up. At some point it listed as a patch a similarly named stand-alone application. Unti, in the end, it all toppled over like this:

Name:  Screenshot_20181101_001.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  18.4 KB

(Been spinning like that for the past 10 minutes.)

EDIT: a reboot seems to have sorted it out, at least temporarily. I had a brief issue with a patch in the web catalogue appearing with an empty description but a Silica restart from Utilities has fixed that.

Last edited by pichlo; 2018-11-01 at 22:40.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
What is going on here? Patchmanager has been playing up all day, getting progressively more and more messed up. At some point it listed as a patch a similarly named stand-alone application. Unti, in the end, it all toppled over like this:

Attachment 40170

(Been spinning like that for the past 10 minutes.)

EDIT: a reboot seems to have sorted it out, at least temporarily. I had a brief issue with a patch in the web catalogue appearing with an empty description but a Silica restart from Utilities has fixed that.
Who knows, i'd like to see logs.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Who knows, i'd like to see logs.
Where would they be?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Where would they be?
Hm, I had a problem some time ago - coderus mentioned how somewhere in the thread. Yes I know this is not the best help...

@coderus: would it be possible to explain the logging stuff in the first post near the troubleshooting section, please?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Probably this is my fault - I've uploaded updates with json-files. I will re-upload them soon.

EDIT:
done, now they're correct

Last edited by Ancelad; 2018-11-02 at 08:38.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by cy8aer View Post
Hm, I had a problem some time ago - coderus mentioned how somewhere in the thread. Yes I know this is not the best help...
Probably this one?
https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...postcount=2479

@coderus: would it be possible to explain the logging stuff in the first post near the troubleshooting section, please?
Second that.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
"Patchmanager logging" means just filtering the systemd journal for relevant entries, as Patchmanager does not have any own logging facility, but writes lots of information to the systemd journal.

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Probably this one?
https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...postcount=2479
... which is:
devel-su journalctl -al _COMM=patchmanager _COMM=jolla-settings > patchmanager.log

Yes, that is what @coderus usually suggests, extracting all output of the components Patchmanager and Jolla Settings, but filtering may be adapted for specific debugging use-cases (and IIRC @coderus also has suggested amended variants).

If one is able to basically understand entries the systemd journal, I also suggest to issue a simple journalctl -r while having less installed, and search with "/" (for whatever you deem as suspicious) while using the keys Up / Down and PgUp / PgDwn for looking at the context of a search hit.
This way you may detect an offending Patch or setting on your own.

Last edited by olf; 2018-11-08 at 22:48. Reason: Rectified typo

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os