Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
It really makes you wonder why the outcomes are so extremely different each time one installs or upgrades.
I also wondered about this. The downloading process does a few retries (1 of 9, 2 of 9...) and sometimes the problems resolve, sometimes they do not. Also the wifi connection isn't necessarily the most stable one (at least on SFOS 2 where I had a couple of frustrating dropouts). I think I encountered less problems with "store credentials" etc. when the Sailfish OS check for updates was set to Manual instead of Automatic but maybe that's just a coincidence.

One factor might also be my V5 tablet itself but I've understood the V3 has its quirks, too.

I recall the "mystery" package to be named droid-system-tbj (not ...systemd...) but no importance since it cannot be found nonetheless.

EDIT: Ah...
Originally Posted by TheKit
Now that you wrote it in large red, I see the the extra "d" at the end. That's my typo, sorry for this, can be safely ignored until fixed one is on OBS.
I was slow

About your try #5: Actually, I didn't do any of this - like no missing layouts or sideloading. Only after having reached 3.0.3.9 I took care of these things. Does this mean you actually got the missing package installed and Bluetooth is working?
Sorry, BT isn't working.
When I originally managed to upgrade the tablet from 2.0.5.6 I only fixed the layouts on 3.0.3.8 (without a hitch). However now for some reason on try #4 I had to downgrade maybe 3-4 packages and install a couple of others and I lost track what was really happening so no wonder the tablet failed to boot afterwards... (sure, there was also the OS version inconsistency). On try #5 I decided to install the missing packages right after they'd gone missing which seemed like the right choice.

...how time consuming and tedious all the porting must be for TheKit. I am so grateful he's doing that for us! :-)
Absolutely! I would've understood perfectly if he'd just call it quits on SFOS3 & Onda but instead it looks like he managed to provide an easily upgradable solution *knocks on wood*.

Last edited by tmi; 2019-05-16 at 13:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
Now that you wrote it in large red,
Erm, well, I did feel a little silly when I did it, but I am delighted to see it actually worked.

I see the the extra "d" at the end. That's my typo, sorry for this, can be safely ignored until fixed one is on OBS.
Great, so I can just relax about that. Thanks so much for all your help!!!

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Dec 2015 @ Spain
Now that you wrote it in large red, I see the the extra "d" at the end. That's my typo, sorry for this, can be safely ignored until fixed one is on OBS.
So, you say that we can just have Bluetooth working again any time soon?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ferlanero For This Useful Post:
Just a quick one. My Onda notified me about the official 3.0.3.10 upgrade being available. Has anyone tried this? Is it safe?

The Following User Says Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Just a quick one. My Onda notified me about the official 3.0.3.10 upgrade being available. Has anyone tried this? Is it safe?
1MB trivial upgrade that probably did hardly more than updated the OS version

Things might be different with Alien Dalvik installed, though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tmi View Post
1MB trivial upgrade that probably did hardly more than updated the OS version

Things might be different with Alien Dalvik installed, though.
Thanks for your quick response. In fact, I don't need to worry about Alien Dalvik as I don't have it installed (if I wanted Android apps, I figure I could just run Android, which I really don't like - if that even makes sense ).

So, I gather everybody but me has already upgraded their Ondas to 3.0.3.10 and has been sailfishing happily ever since?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
At the end, someone has tried the 3.0.3.10 update? Is it safe to aply or it just brokes everything in our beloved Onda V820W?

Last edited by ferlanero; 2019-06-13 at 13:51.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ferlanero For This Useful Post:
I haven't... Yes, I know I'm a chicken...

The Following User Says Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Just a quick heads up:

Yes, Onda can be upgraded to 3.1.0.11 (Seitseminen).
GUI may or may not work, I used the Terminal.

No, BT isn't working.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tmi View Post
Just a quick heads up:

Yes, Onda can be upgraded to 3.1.0.11 (Seitseminen).
GUI may or may not work, I used the Terminal.

No, BT isn't working.
Do you have test it? Is it safe to update to 3.1.0.11 via terminal?

Code:
devel-su
Code:
ssu release 3.1.0.11
Code:
version --dup