@rinigus, Ok. Waiting for the new one. Flashing just finished of the 13:55 build.

The Following User Says Thank You to ljo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
New image is ready, please download and flash that.

It has touchscreen event device rule added, so that should work out of the box. We still have a bit of corner cutting in there - some parts are based on single sim XZ3 variant. Let's see if it works.

I'd be happy to get new logs. That way I can compare with the earlier ones and see what changed. Also should confirm the command line for kernel.

As Thaodan was already hosting some images and works on porting, he did provide storage as soon as I hit the issue on CI of gitlab. Our images are bigger than usual ports (they contain aosp as well).

BTW, notice that root partition is larger than on X/XA2/10. We can change that size in future, if needed. Although, price is a reflash for most users.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
@rinigus, downloading is soon done. The udev rule is already confirmed with last build.
Will let you know when boot is done and I will send new logs after that.
For now that reflash for changed space allocations is cheap.

@rinigus, I sent you the shutdown logs after successful boot and setup.
* wifi, ok
* BT, ok
* Jolla account work
* Install from Jolla store works
* Compass is roughly 66 degrees off compared to Andoid 9. And calibration seems not to help.
* Camera, ok

If you find something in the logs or if there is something I should check immediately just let me know.

Excellent news, thanks!

I am surprised that Jolla Store works. To be sure that we don't get cut off for some reason, please check:

- do you see both IMEIs in Settings/About? This should work without SIM cards. Check that they are the same as on the package sticker or as in Android

- please check whether you see same IMEI as a result of

Code:
ssu s
Run that as normal user, please. If all is OK, I will need a record as shown under 'Device model'. For me, its 'Xperia XZ2 (h8216 / h8216)'

With all these tests passing, I can request official registration for Jolla Store and ensure that we are recorded.

Next, I am going to make new builds with the same 'corner cutting' as before. I wonder if our issues were fixed by kernel command line in practice. So, keep the current image, just in case, and please test a new one to be sure where we stand. If, indeed, I need to avoid this co-building, I will have to setup separate OBS project for different devices.

Finally, with all the tests done, I will make an image not in devel but in 'testing' which you could use as a primary device that is expected to be supported with OTAs as well. So, one more flashing. Later should be just a regular update between SFOS releases, as done for ports.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
@rinigus, it is excellent indeed.
Continued list:
* both IMEIs (correct) are shown under Settings > Information > About
* ssu s gives UID equals first IMEI correctly too
* ssu s gives device model: "Xperia XZ3 (h9436 / h9436)"
* GPS is quite quick with and without support
So seems good to go for official registration.

And I am ready for testing next builds as outlined.

Originally Posted by ljo View Post
@rinigus, it is excellent indeed.
Continued list:
* both IMEIs (correct) are shown under Settings > Information > About
* ssu s gives UID equals first IMEI correctly too
* ssu s gives device model: "Xperia XZ3 (h9436 / h9436)"
* GPS is quite quick with and without support
So seems good to go for official registration.

And I am ready for testing next builds as outlined.
Nice! New devel build is ready, using an old approach, just with corrected kernel cmdline and added touch support. Fingers crossed on my side, but let's see. Its not a major issue to organize separate builds either.

I'll let pketo know regarding store registration

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Nice! New devel build is ready, using an old approach, just with corrected kernel cmdline and added touch support.
Fingers crossed on my side, but let's see. Its not a major issue to organize separate builds either.
Yay! No need with separate builds, it works as before with only the config changes+udev of build 9.

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
I'll let pketo know regarding store registration
Great! I appreciate that.

What new sizes were you thing about with the parttions?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ljo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ljo View Post
Yay! No need with separate builds, it works as before with only the config changes+udev of build 9.

Great! I appreciate that.

What new sizes were you thing about with the parttions?
Awesome! Then I start preparing as is.

As for partitions, they are resized already. root is ~4GB, rest is /home. During updates, to my knowledge, all is downloaded to /home first and then installed. So, it seems to be a waste to put too much to /. But I did increase it from original 2.5GB

Check Settings/Storage for sizes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
@rinigus, yes, you are right about the sizes - they are already changed here. 4 GB is definitely better than 2,5 GB which was way too little. I had to remove quite a lot in root partition for every update the last years. For some of the version 3 releases it required almost 700 MB free in root partition, so even if downloaded in home it could get hard to fit with OTA (does the method differ between device types?). I would argue 4 GB is the minimum.