I didn't really follow this thread, but so far I noticed a recipie for flashing the whole OS right away on an N9: http://www.jollausers.com/2013/12/sa...mini-tutorial/

Would any method work on N950 as well (the above, or updating from Nemo or etc.) and how functional will be the result? I don't want to ruin it, since I use it as an everyday device.

Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
I didn't really follow this thread, but so far I noticed a recipie for flashing the whole OS right away on an N9: http://www.jollausers.com/2013/12/sa...mini-tutorial/

Would any method work on N950 as well (the above, or updating from Nemo or etc.) and how functional will be the result? I don't want to ruin it, since I use it as an everyday device.
I don't recommend you to do it yet, if you say that your n9 is your main phone

Last edited by flotron; 2013-12-10 at 00:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to flotron For This Useful Post:
flotron: N950 actually, but that probably would be the same. I'd wait then, thanks.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
flotron: N950 actually, but that probably would be the same. I'd wait then, thanks.
You can use ubiboot for dual booting Sailfish, like me. Though I didn't have any sensitive data on my N950 when I went that road.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by baboo View Post
sorry if my question is answered here before,but could not find anything.
Im trying to install sailfish on n9 and got stuck after flashing moslo kernel.It says "Re-Partitioning failed! No partition created"
what could the reason behind it be?
Did you resolved?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden

Its Alpha software. not daily use since the browser is really crap on N9 as one example. But good for testing own done sf apps

Issues I seen:

* I cannot set the date/time for some wierd reason.
* Wifi also has issues and disconnect randomly it seems.
* swipe is kinda broken horizontal/vertical is swapped means apps closes when swipe left instead of top)
* camera not working (probadly lower lever driver is broken or not even installed on n9?

But I for me it works better than expected on N9. I even got it to send a note over BT to my laptop. Email also works. atleast my own emailserver. not tested gmail yet.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-12-09 at 21:12.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lebanon
ok,Ive done the whole thing supposedly well, but I still cant login to sailfish(stuck on sailfish wallpaper) neither to harmattan(stuck on black screen).
any help would be appreciated

I really don't know how this would help.
I didnt require a linux system all that much . Moslo didn't work on windows or linux for me. So I used a partitioning tool. Gparted partitioning tool to be exact( you can use any that suits you, just make sure its a linux partition typei.e ext4) . I created a 2gb ext4 partition and named it Alt_OS(don't really think the naming is necessary. Am just helping moslo do its job).

Then I used Ext2fsd to check it on a windows system. Would have extracted it with windows too but tried that with linux and it didn't work too even on the command line.
So the best would be to do it on the n9.
As root.
Do the following.
#mkdir /mnt/sailfish (to make directory for the partition )
#mount /dev/mmcblk0p4 /mnt/sailfish. ( To mount the partition on sailfish)
#tar -xjf sailfish_n9_0.0.2.tar.bz2 -C /mnt/sailfish (to extract to sailfish folder)
I did it without the numeric owner line.
I hope someone can do something more comprehensive.
I have not tried the new sailfish image so don't know hw that works it should be the same thing.

Please correct me any where am wrong.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
I got Persecute0.1-2 working on Sailfish on my N9! Anyone else have this? Thanks coderus, even though you can't support it yet!

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lappeenranta, Finland
Just installed the newest version to my N9 and from 30 minutes of playing around I can say that it's pretty smooth indeed. I'm probably gonna use this now as my main OS for my N9. Sure the experience is far from perfect and I have the same issues as mikecomputing, but I didn't use my N9 for much else than phone, sms, mail and occasional web browsing which seems to work just fine. I hope we get the store working at somepoint

Its Alpha software. not daily use since the browser is really crap on N9 as one example. But good for testing own done sf apps
The browser seemed fine by me. I just tried facebook touch but that seemed to work as smooth as you would expect from the N9. UX is smooth, some gliching here and there but it's not a big deal.

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish