Originally Posted by dscobsct View Post
from what i can gather the framerate of the transitions is set at 100 frames a second, which is daft really, its the coding and load slowing it down, framerate of the scrolling is completely bonkers low, terrible how they thought it was acceptable bringin a device out with this kind of scrolling performance, and its evident in any app that uses it, you only have to look at something like filebox to see what the scrolling should be like. pitty maemo 5 aint based on qt
Thanks for the info, may I ask where did you find out about this 100 fps transition configuration? If it is, there is no need to experiment with hildon-desktop....

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by snap View Post
So i've played around with transitions and have finally got something that i liked and want to share, so here goes...

This is a modified version of dscobsct's file

- Faster launcher transitions than stock PR1.2
- Got rid of the icon flow effect (even for sub folder icons animation)
- better transition (as per my preference) from main launcher to sub folder launchers
- background zooms out instead of zooms in
- background turns grey

rename to transitions.ini and copy to
/usr/share/themes/<Your current theme>/transitions.ini

this will leave your system wide transitions file intact and to revert just delete the file from the above path.
Thank you, this one is usable with the default background.

Setting swappiness to 30 also increased my performance btw.

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ wales
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Thanks for the info, may I ask where did you find out about this 100 fps transition configuration? If it is, there is no need to experiment with hildon-desktop....
to be honest i really cant remember lol, but when i first made a .ini i spent hours reading through mail archives between the devs and lookin through source material to try and make it better, i think it was from somewhere there

No offense but this is all a waste of time. The brilliant masterminds at Nokia decided to create a "Mobile Computer" that doesn't support vsync.

hi guys, i want to make all my phone transition slide , example i want to open any application then close it i want to make it slide from left to right , how can i do that ?
thank you

Originally Posted by moudy91 View Post
hi guys, i want to make all my phone transition slide , example i want to open any application then close it i want to make it slide from left to right , how can i do that ?
thank you
That's currently not possible. The UI is closed source. Currently, one of the only things that can be done is what's in transitions.ini, because it's not hard-coded into the UI. Hildon sucks.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by mattbutsko View Post
That's currently not possible. The UI is closed source. Currently, one of the only things that can be done is what's in transitions.ini, because it's not hard-coded into the UI. Hildon sucks.
Would be nice if you got into the habit of checking your facts before posting stuff you think is true. The transitions are handled by hildon-desktop and that is open source.

Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
Would be nice if you got into the habit of checking your facts before posting stuff you think is true. The transitions are handled by hildon-desktop and that is open source.
then you have solution ??
then send me please the transition , thank you

Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
I've come to the conclusion from others, so others were also wrong down the line. It was an honest mistake, my apologies. Either way, I doubt anything will get done about this anyway.

Originally Posted by moudy91 View Post
thank you
hey guys, any news about this transition how can be done ??

Tags
face stuck in palm