Active Topics

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
My only issue would be that every now and then, when I try to load a webpage, I cannot see the back button and bookmarks at the bottom!....just a big address bar!.....does anybody have this bug?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Woah, lots of pages in this thread..

Anyway, after the upgrade I've noticed that my SIP account doesn't seem to work anymore. It registers fine, but on my first call attempt the recipient answered the phone, but no sound came through in either direction. On all following attempts the N900 appears to be initiating a call (it says "Calling"), but just hangs there until I press End. A tcpdump shows that the N900 doesn't send any call initiation at all. It's not a problem with neither ISP nor VoIP provider (musimi.dk if you're curious), because my Nokia E51 works fine on the same account and network.

Have others experienced this problem? It's a bit frustrating, because I rely on the SIP functionality to stay in touch with family.

-- edit: Nevermind. The problem went away after a reboot. SIP works like a charm again

Last edited by Jesper Cheetah; 2010-05-29 at 21:07.

Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
My only issue would be that every now and then, when I try to load a webpage, I cannot see the back button and bookmarks at the bottom!....just a big address bar!.....does anybody have this bug?
I experienced this with PR 1.1.1 as well.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
I went through most of this thread, how many are actual PR 1,2 bugs? Leaving aside one-timers only, things that were broken before, things that never worked, partial fixes, etc. I think there's a surprising few.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Originally Posted by mothmanex View Post
Randomly, after opening a application, the desktop freezes, I can not click on the icons, widgets, and bookmarks of the desktop, but I can see the other desktops (4). This also happened with PR 1.1, and it needs a reboot to fix the issue.
Have you installed desktop command execution widgets? If so, it probably the one who causes freezes (not with pr 1.2 for now for me)

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
I went through most of this thread, how many are actual PR 1,2 bugs? Leaving aside one-timers only, things that were broken before, things that never worked, partial fixes, etc. I think there's a surprising few.
The two bugs I reported in tis thread and just confirmed in Bugzilla (one, signatures in e-mails now appear all on one line, and two, can no longer sort e-mails) absolutely did not exist in PR1.1. I resent the implication that I and others here are too ignorant to tell the difference.

The Following User Says Thank You to jsbigs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New Zealand
i have read that there are issues with callnotify not working on 1.2 properly. can anyone confirm this? i have just uninstalled a couple of apps incl callnotify and my n900 kis racing now. previously it was hanging and quite slow at times.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Fort Lauderdale, FL
I've searched all over this post and I can't find if anyone else has this problem.

After updating to pr1.2 both my call log and my conversations inbox are permanently empty and neither will store new data into them. They are both blank and show nothing in them. If I get a new text message it pops up in its own window and then disappears after a reply never to be seen again. If I end a phone call it doesn't show in the call log-it just says "No Recent Calls". I restored my backup from before the update, but it restored NOTHING. I've re-tried updating the firmware with & without re-installing apps like extended call log, I've updated the firmware both with restored backup data & not restoring backup data, I tried flashing both an overclocking kernel & an OEM kernel, I've searched all over the internet, but I can find no solution. Is some part of the memory on the device corrupted? Someone, please-any advice??

I'm really frustrated with this update. Not only did it delete all my music, my videos, my photos, my documents, my downloaded wallpapers, (all of which were not backed up in the phone's 'backup' application), but it now won't let me have text messages or phone calls stored on the device.
I will say that was a fair tradeoff for the ability to make a videocall with a forward-facing camera that is so dim it requires direct sunlight to be usable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeromeo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jeromeo View Post
I've searched all over this post and I can't find if anyone else has this problem.

After updating to pr1.2 both my call log and my conversations inbox are permanently empty and neither will store new data into them. They are both blank and show nothing in them. If I get a new text message it pops up in its own window and then disappears after a reply never to be seen again. If I end a phone call it doesn't show in the call log-it just says "No Recent Calls". I restored my backup from before the update, but it restored NOTHING. I've re-tried updating the firmware with & without re-installing apps like extended call log, I've updated the firmware both with restored backup data & not restoring backup data, I tried flashing both an overclocking kernel & an OEM kernel, I've searched all over the internet, but I can find no solution. Is some part of the memory on the device corrupted? Someone, please-any advice??

I'm really frustrated with this update. Not only did it delete all my music, my videos, my photos, my documents, my downloaded wallpapers, (all of which were not backed up in the phone's 'backup' application), but it now won't let me have text messages or phone calls stored on the device.
I will say that was a fair tradeoff for the ability to make a videocall with a forward-facing camera that is so dim it requires direct sunlight to be usable.

Same problem for me also,,plzz any one help out..tks

The Following User Says Thank You to Geekworld For This Useful Post:
My applications take forever to open and close after PR 1.2 update. Also many apps are really unresponsive, like trying to search for songs in media player, starting a sms conversation, opening and modifying calendar, etc...