Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by R0mi View Post
This is not the same when I Yappari and close and restart the application. I can not see my contacts and their activities, until i write them messages (or he open my conversation on WhatsApp).
But in whatsapp if i close and restart aplication i can see other activity although I not write them or he dont open my conversation. I see his activity if only opens whatsapp client
I do not know if it can be understood from my bad English: (
Definitely I don't understand you. I don't know what you mean with "activities".

I insist, in my original WhatsApp client on Android, I can see my contacts just like in Yappari. When I click on a contact and open a chat I can see the "last seen" or if it's "online". I can't see it from the contact list.

If I restart Yappari (why would ANYBODY do that????? Yappari is supposed to be open 24/7!!!) I still see my contacts (at least in v0.0.26) and I still have to open a chat to see when that contact was last seen, just like in the original WhatsApp client.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
@Scorpius

I think by "activities" he means status.

And I am also experiencing the same thing; all my contacts show as "offline" and there is no "last seen" timestamp (unless I send a message and then the contact would come online, and then a few seconds later a "last seen" timestamp is shown). I checked with my other phone (N82), and I could see the last seen timestamp fine for most of my contacts.

The only contact I was able to get a "last seen" for was my other phone (N82), which is connected all the time, however, I never use it for chatting.

The Following User Says Thank You to mlwane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Last seen retrieval before talking to someone is not implemented yet.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
It's impossible to get them back the normal way. Since you did delete them yourself.

What you could try is this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=43345 Photorec is an excellent recover tool for deleted data. Although it might be possible it's already gone since you used your phone memory for something else.
Ok, it's lost, but what I have now is: not chat history at all! Every time when I send or receive message it's disappear. I can't keep any mine or others line, it's all empty. Any solution for it?

why would ANYBODY do that????? Yappari is supposed to be open 24/7!!!
Well I happen to be one of the people who restart Yappari every now and then, and I'll explain why. It doesn't cope that well with dropped connections or changing connection from WiFi to 3G. I know the last one is a known bug. Anyway, sometimes when I'm on a train, connected to alternately 3g and 2g and sometimes without reception at all then it sometimes assumes I'm still logged in, but I can't send messages. Only a grey V mark. Even if the reception restores after that. In some cases I try to send contacts in order for it to connect again, or I try to restart Yappari. Either way, the messages with the gray mark won't get send and I have to type them again.

I've had this problem for quite some time, but I guess I can live with it. I probably won't be able to send a log anytime soon because this usually occurs in a train or car and I won't travel much in the coming days.

Last edited by Jarige; 2012-12-20 at 05:43. Reason: Autocorrect failed on me

The Following User Says Thank You to Jarige For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
I have the same issue and i think it's perfectly reproducibly it:
- Lock it on 2G by using 3G/2G/Dual applet. yappari still works fine.
- Then make a phone call. The 2G data connection symbol gets a red line.
- After the call ended, the red line goes away, internet browsing is still/again working fine. Yappari says still connected but whatever you send ends up with grey mark. Only help is restarting Yappari. 100% sure way to fix it.

That does it for me to reproduce it. Keeping it on 3G, in a good environment of course doesn't have the problem with calls because 3G can handle data and voicecalls at the same time. But 2G can't. And that's where I see my problem.

Why the lock? I do lock it at 2G sometimes to save battery, as yappari is v happy on 2G, data trhoughput wise. Apart from the dreadful not-seeing-it's-disconnected problem after losing the data connection due to a call (or possible other data drops).

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
@Netweaver

When a connection is dropped or changed you have to wait for yappari to give the "waiting for connection" sign or you'll need to restart it.

@Scorpius

Feliz Navidad Scorpius!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luccart For This Useful Post:
@Scorpius

As I posted l deleted logs folder inside .yappari folder using filebox by mistake. All my chat history is gone. Now I can't keep any message I sent or receive, all chats are empty. Any help, pretty please?

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
No log, no help.
No log no help? How do i get the log please? tell me where will i find the log and i definitely will show you the log.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp