As the title suggests, my 770 is not powering on. I do not get a white screen, charging logo, NOTHING, just a black screen (no power at all). I have tried taking the battery out, cleaning the contacts, I even took the thing apart to make sure that the charger port was still good (though I realized afterward I could have just taken my multimeter to the battery pins with the battery out... oh well, lesson learned). Has anybody else seen this?

The last time I used it, the battery ran dead, so I went looking for the charger. My fiancee uses the charger with her phone. I pull the charger out of her phone, and only the inside of the charger pin came out, not the outer cylinder. I pulled the outer cylinder out and tried to fix it, then use it... it didnt charge. That is why I had to check the terminal. Thanks in advance!

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Cincy,Ohio
Originally Posted by cry0 View Post
As the title suggests, my 770 is not powering on. I do not get a white screen, charging logo, NOTHING, just a black screen (no power at all). I have tried taking the battery out, cleaning the contacts, I even took the thing apart to make sure that the charger port was still good (though I realized afterward I could have just taken my multimeter to the battery pins with the battery out... oh well, lesson learned). Has anybody else seen this?

The last time I used it, the battery ran dead, so I went looking for the charger. My fiancee uses the charger with her phone. I pull the charger out of her phone, and only the inside of the charger pin came out, not the outer cylinder. I pulled the outer cylinder out and tried to fix it, then use it... it didnt charge. That is why I had to check the terminal. Thanks in advance!

Your bat is dead and might need a replacement.
Check eBay for 770/800 battery. They are the same type.
I bought one a week ago. It's a n800 battery but worked on my 770!
And yes,could be a bad terminal. Hm, as you said it's the battery. It won't magically come to life if dead. LOL
Opened it? Sounds like something may be put back wrong too. Bad move. Just the bat is bad not the 770.
Also ONLY USE THE CHARGER IT CAME WITH!
Good luck!

Last edited by trin20t; 2009-05-18 at 00:33.

Originally Posted by trin20t View Post
I bought one a week ago. It's a n800 battery but worked on my 770!
The N800, 770, N92, E61 and 9500 all use the same Nokia BP-5L battery.

The Following User Says Thank You to krisse For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
The N800, 770, N92, E61 and 9500 all use the same Nokia BP-5L battery.
Wow. So swapping it is even better than I thought. Thanks!

OS 2007HE

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by cry0 View Post

I pull the charger out of her phone, and only the inside of the charger pin came out, not the outer cylinder. I pulled the outer cylinder out and tried to fix it, then use it... it didnt charge. !
(1) Have you now solved your problem?

(2) Did the problem first appear BEFORE or AFTER you pulled the charger pin apart?

(3) Does the charger still work on your fiancee's phone?

(4) Now that you have thought about questions (2) and (3), does a solution to your problem spring to your mind?

I'd like to know too. I guess the bat was it.

OS 2007HE