Active Topics

Notices

The theme designers of this community put time and effort into bringing visual variety to our devices. Though we give back by testing their work, reporting problems, offering suggestions, etc, the biggest thanks we can give short of cash-money is not just a quick click on the "Thanks" button, but rather a real vote for our favorite theme packages. Please vote for your favorite themes to help them get into the Extras repository, so that they can be accessible by those who don't want to venture into Extras-Testing and Extras-Devel. Hopefully this will encourage our theme designers to continue their good work, to resume their good work if they have already been discouraged, and to continue to respond to our questions and requests.
If you don't have a Maemo Garage account (separate from Maemo Talk account), please register for one here so you can vote for your favorite themes.
Below is an attempt to provide an alphabetical list of current themes in Extras-Testing that need testing and votes. If you don't see a theme here that should be here, please post a link to the package page and it will be added to the list. The easiest way to find a theme package you are looking for is to search at http://maemo.org/packages Please test your favorite themes, report bugs, and vote for them once you feel they are complete!

Black Plastic Theme
D-Theme Series
Humanity-Theme
iivilsteel Series
iStyle Series
Matrix Theme
R-Style Series

Last edited by Grant; 2010-06-11 at 08:01.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Grant For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
The theme designers of this community put time and effort into bringing visual variety to our devices. Though we give back by testing their work, reporting problems, offering suggestions, etc, the biggest thanks we can give short of cash-money is not just a quick click on the "Thanks" button, but rather a real vote for our favorite theme packages. Please vote for your favorite themes to help them get into the Extras repository, so that they can be accessible by those who don't want to venture into Extras-Testing and Extras-Devel. Hopefully this will encourage our theme designers to continue their good work, to resume their good work if they have already been discouraged, and to continue to respond to our questions and requests.
If you don't have a Maemo Garage account (separate from Maemo Talk account), please register for one here so you can vote for your favorite themes.
Below is an attempt to provide an alphabetical list of current themes in Extras-Testing that need testing and votes. If you don't see a theme here that should be here, please post a link to the package page and it will be added to the list. The easiest way to find a theme package you are looking for is to search at http://maemo.org/packages Please vote thumbs up for the themes you like!

an-DROID theme
D-Theme Series
iivilsteel Series
iStyle Series
Matrix Theme
R-Style Series
thats true... i really appreciate the work and the time they put in.

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chicago
Below is an attempt to provide an alphabetical list of current themes in Extras-Testing that need testing and votes. If you don't see a theme here that should be here, please post a link to the package page and it will be added to the list. The easiest way to find a theme package you are looking for is to search at http://maemo.org/packages Please vote thumbs up for the themes you like!

an-DROID theme
D-Theme Series
iivilsteel Series
iStyle Series
Matrix Theme
R-Style Series
Grant,

Good idea - a well-designed theme is a great way to make the N900 look much attractive to potential purchasers. I believe all of us in this community hope that Nokia sells substantial numbers of the N900 - this will result in increased support, and more demand for paid and free applications. Every little bit helps.

Thanks for raising the profile of theme developers.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
an-DROID just hit the extras, maybe because of this thread So thanks!

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Please vote thumbs up for the themes you like!
You should also remember to check them for any bugs

Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
an-DROID just hit the extras, maybe because of this thread So thanks!
Awesome! It's a cool theme. I'll remove it from the list.

Originally Posted by joppu View Post
You should also remember to check them for any bugs
Agreed, edited original post.

Bump for Black Plastic Theme now in Extras-Testing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Grant For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Norway
I was actually going to do this for the first time this morning. I then had problems logging in to vote, and found out that apparently I needed a garage.maemo.org account. After I registered for this, I still cant log in to vote? Can anyone give me a helping hand? It shouldn't be this hard to contribute to the community?

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
The best theme out there are not on the list. Humanity-Theme. Put it up.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post: