Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
It is easy to take a plane from my place to there.
If the spec and price similar to this, I will do, but firstly the phone can buy in a shop

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by delmar View Post
@eekkelund
The pictures shows a Jolla Phone!
sure? Okay we see the Jolla Backcover, but the rest is from Intex. on the Boot Screen you can read Intex + new SF Logo. Dual Slim Slots! i remember that the Jolla version have only one Simcard slot + i2c ports.
Intex phone dont have a i2c port.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
The price estimate sounds almost too good to be true, but remember that it will be sold only on Snapdeal (at least initially).

Please remember this fact when/if the Intex Aqua Fish ever comes out of India and you are taken by surprise that the price is much higher than that. The partner space concept allows for the phones to be subsidized with the prospect of getting further revenue via advertising (or in case of Snapdeal offering your services) on such partner space. As seen on MWC, there are two partner spaces on the Aqua Fish, which suggests that it is really being sold with this concept in mind.

This may result in taking some means to prevent people from buying multiple devices and selling them abroad, so we will see if it's possible to import it from India.

Either way, once/if the phone comes worldwide and you see people mad about the pricing difference, please have in mind what I wrote above.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ kerala
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
The price estimate sounds almost too good to be true, but remember that it will be sold only on Snapdeal (at least initially).
Price estimates are not very low actually. It is in sync with similar spec phones from cheap android manufacturers (like Intex) . It is slightly lower than the usual price , but not by that much. That drop can be attributed to it using a non mainstream OS also. At least in India very few people have heard about sailfish as an OS. So if they have to sell , logically they have to price it slightly lower than similar spec mainstream OS phone. I dont think partner spaces are subsidizing it at this point. May be in the near future , it might occur so. Or who knows , may intex and snapdeal has plans already to exploit the partner space. But i think in that case the price has to be even lower than this.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to padmaraj.ravi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Am I the only one that really dislikes the new logo?....
Apparently not, but I do like it. Well, I prefer it over the old one at least.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
I like the logo. Fish has attitude.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
I'm finna buy this phone to use for a year instead of my aged N9. Hopefully soon after that Jolla will make a new good spec-wise phone.

But for some time, aquafish might be a good choice (especially if it's gon' be cheap as suggested) for those who want temporary phone with sailfish OS.

The Following User Says Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Bavaria Germany
Originally Posted by Peccelius View Post
Jolla should buy Jolla stickers, replace Intex logo with it and sell these Aqua Fish phones as Jolla Phone 2 at their webstore for customers outside India.
ACK. With Dalvik.
MWC 2016 news in german.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeadHorseRiding For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
The price estimate sounds almost too good to be true, but remember that it will be sold only on Snapdeal (at least initially).[...].
If the phone will be sold only in India and there will be demand for it in Europe, for sure there will be people/companies buying it in bulks and selling to EU suckers (like me) with margin. But I think there will be enough of them so that they will have to compete by lowering the margin.

It will be more expensive but not so much.

The Following User Says Thank You to t0mk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by DeadHorseRiding View Post
ACK. With Dalvik.
MWC 2016 news in german.
Thanks for the link.

Can anyone explain this sentence from the heisse online article: "Die Steuerung des Geräts ausschließlich über Wischgesten klappte wie beim ersten Jolla Smartphone intuitiv und ohne Hakler."

which Google translate renders as: "The control of the device only via swipe gestures worked as the first smartphone Jolla intuitively and without hooker."

Is this a colloquialism? Specifically the "hooker" part, I mean.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post: