Notices

Hi,

I'm running the N900 without a SIM card, but with a SIP account via WLAN.

The telephony app nevertheless always selects "Call type: Cellular" as the default when it is being activated (i.e. by rotating), I have to manually select my SIP account.

I've so far failed to find a way to set a default account for the app. Am I overlooking something, or is this a bug?

Best Regards,
Olli

The Following User Says Thank You to owagner For This Useful Post:
Ditto, but I am using a SIM card with no cellular service. There should be a way to set the default call type, or it should default to the last call type used. It is extremely annoying having to change it every time to make it functional for placing outgoing calls.

Last edited by Yfrwlf; 2010-01-08 at 15:55.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Canada
bump, i really need this as well

I'm planning to get a sim which has free incoming calls, so I want to set default calls outgoing to Sip only, and only make outgoing calls for cheap sip costs

where is the telephone app settings files located ?

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Montreal, Qc, Canada
nobody has an idea ??

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ San Diego, CA USA
Bump - Am I missing a setting to be able to set the default outbound calling method? If it doesn't exist, what is the best way to suggest adding it?

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
There is a known bug in the phone app which when you click on a previously placed call/contact it only gives you the option to make a cell call. This bug has been set to fixed and will be coming in an upcoming release - I opened this a week ago in bugzilla and was informed that it was a dupe of another bug which had just been fixed! Hopefully it will come soon as it would be nice to be able to place a skype call from the phone app.

See: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8159

My bug was: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9330
(for confirmation of the fix and status)

The Following User Says Thank You to jer006 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Texas
Originally Posted by owagner View Post
Hi,

I'm running the N900 without a SIM card, but with a SIP account via WLAN.

The telephony app nevertheless always selects "Call type: Cellular" as the default when it is being activated (i.e. by rotating), I have to manually select my SIP account.

I've so far failed to find a way to set a default account for the app. Am I overlooking something, or is this a bug?

Best Regards,
Olli
My view on this is that this is probably required as its possible to make emergency calls with/without a SIM card or active serivce.

But the phone knows what the emergency numbers are (112,901,999) per country so dialling those could be forced over cellular

The Following User Says Thank You to cjard For This Useful Post:
Yeah, the phone has by far enough information, or you could give it the information, to correctly go to emergency services upon dialing a number like that. It's total political BS with a million ways to deal with the problem easily.

Very glad to hear this was fixed. ^^

I still miss the possibility to set sip to be the default. I usually get it right when calling a contact, but I often forget to switch to sip when entering a number.