I searched the forums but I could not find an answer about Google Apps/ G Calendar - Will N900 support two way sync with Google Calendar and contacts?

Tks

The Following User Says Thank You to bAxon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Also another interesting question (could deserve a thread): will the n900 be able to import calendar, contacts, todo list, notes and whatever from symbian phones?

I too am interested to know if the N900 has Google contacts and calendar sync. Anyone know?

Last edited by slate8; 2009-09-05 at 17:11.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Contact sync is a necessity, given the integration with IM\Telephony and all the other protocols linked to it. But for the Calendar, it still has the possibility of running offline version of gcal with google gear, right?

do you know that with symbian phone you can sync google calendar and contact with "mail of exchange" application?

So I think that with N900 will be the same, and "mail of exchange" is already in the phone

Originally Posted by danilos2k View Post
do you know that with symbian phone you can sync google calendar and contact with "mail of exchange" application?

So I think that with N900 will be the same, and "mail of exchange" is already in the phone
Yea if maemo doesn't directly support Google calendar sync you can always set the Google service to emulate Exchange so you can sync it that way.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ovek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Yes, Mail for Exchange works with Google, as per the instructions here:

http://www.google.com/support/mobile...&answer=147951

Given it's all Evolution Data Store, it should be trivial to write third party sync plugins; e.g. to sync multiple Google calendars directly.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Madrid, Spain
I had already planned this.

As soon as I get my hands on the n900( already pre-ordered, eagerly awaiting it) I'll code a daemon to have your contacts synced with google contacts

The Following User Says Thank You to togashi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by bAxon View Post
I searched the forums but I could not find an answer about Google Apps/ G Calendar - Will N900 support two way sync with Google Calendar and contacts?
Maemo 5 supports ActiveSync and so does Google Sync so it should work.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Still no SyncML ?...