Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
What are your aliendalvik versions on the different devices? Mine is 8.1.0.46.12-1.1.1 on XA2 Plus.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
What are your aliendalvik versions on the different devices? Mine is 8.1.0.46.12-1.1.1 on XA2 Plus.
8.1.0.46.17-1.1.1 on XA2 Plus, so it's the same problem. Have you created a backup of your system.img file? /opt is not large enough to hold three versions of this file (running, updated and backup)

you should re-run the update manually (version --dup) after cleaning /opt

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to balta For This Useful Post:
You are correct - I indeed had a backup of system.img since updating it... Thanks, will check if everything works now.

EDIT: After upgrade to 46.17, all icons magically appeared.

I did notice after coderus released Aliendalvik Control that I can't upgrade to it and that I had 46.12 instead of the required 46.17, but didn't cross my mind that it just couldn't install and failed silently.

Last edited by Bundyo; 2019-04-23 at 18:02.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
You should remove aliendalvik control 8, and install latest version of aliendalvik control from my common repo

I couldn't install 8, due to its dependency on 46.17, which I didn't have. Now I can install it, but I don't have to, since I already installed the last.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
EDIT: After upgrade to 46.17, all icons magically appeared.
Same here. I had reinstalled Alien dalvik because I naively thought it'd fix the out-of-space problem that happened during the update.

Now I did 'version --dup', rebooted, then had to still do OS update through UI. Now I'm at last in the latest Dalvik version and the icons are back.

Thank you all!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: