Notices

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Abuja, Nigeria
am very new to the Nokia Internet Tablet. i installed the abiword last night and i think its a very cool application. once it is polished and all the niggling issues fixed i feel it would become the biggest and most wanted application for the IT. i tried opening a small .doc file and it worked without issues. (just a line of text) then i used it to open a bigger file (a page long) and at first it opened . then it froze crashed and burnt. when i tried again it didn't open rather it just froze and soon the tablet asked if i wanted to close it. so i did. in all a fine application. hope you continue the good work. cheers.

My Blog

Man I wish this app worked. It seems like such a cool application!

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Abuja, Nigeria
is this app still being developed.. its has the potential to be the best app for the nokia. if only it was just more stable than it currently is.. it would be awesome. wish all the guys working on this all the best. and hope u continue your good work

My Blog

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Sadly, no, there's been no development on this app in quite a while.

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Does some updated list of bugs exist?
Or have I to search in gnome.bugzilla?

Buglist from the first post seems relevant to me

The Following User Says Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Please, yerga, pick up the torch! You can do it! Many of us would be so grateful!

Has anyone had experience trying out the version of abiword from the following repository.

http://rickybrent.com/maemo/debs
chinook | free nonfree

You can leave out the nonfree if you want, that appears to only be for unrar.

Based on the deb filename "abiword (v. 2.5-cvs20060720-0maemo2.1)" I'm guessing this is an older version but is it stable enough to use?

I have no affiliation with the above repository, I'm just another N800 customer who's frustrated at not having at least a stable virtual keyboard usable version of abiword.

You can use one of the other virtual keyboards, both matchbox-keyboard and xvkbd have been ported. You can also use the matchbox-keyboard that comes with Easy Debian. But then I would suggest, if you have Easy Debian, that you use the Debian version of Abiword.

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Please, yerga, pick up the torch! You can do it! Many of us would be so grateful!
Bug 11396 is fixed in my SDK: http://bugzilla.abisource.com/show_bug.cgi?id=11396

I was late more time in finding the code where it was, that in fixing the bug. The Abiword code is really complex, especially to someone who doesn't know C (in this case C++). I have to test it in a device, but imagine it works. Also, I will be uploading a patch to the bugzilla when I clean it a bit.

What would be the next more important bug in the list?

A screenshot in the SDK:
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:

Tags
abiword, office