Notices

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Re shutdown: I tried to disable functions that would be active while routing on shutdown. So, let's see if you have to clear before shutdown. Let me know how it goes.
Either that fixed the problem or i had other troubles.
I tried and closed and open puremaps 15 minutes in a row either with route or cleared route. All seems fine when willingly exiting.

Maybe my problem was another one all along....
Because i did not close puremaps on the last attempt and let it run for the last hours in background.
Now it got killed (by OOM?) and does not start up again.

Any logs i should supply having the phone in "puremaps does not start anymore" state?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
For starters, check if you have pure maps running:

ps l | grep pure | grep -v grep

If none are listed, try to start new one in the terminal:

harbour-pure-maps

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
New release is out: 1.24.0

As last release was done a touch early, this is the one that was intended to be released. Main change is addition of UBPorts support. This should land in their store in few days, as packagers have time. Was rather interesting to get it running on a platform that you don't have and rely on others for testing. Thanks for all involved in it!

For Sailfish users: I hopefully fixed blank-icons-on-main-map-page bug. That would have to be tested by those who have 3.1.0.12 on their devices. I would still have to update mine.

Norwegian translation has been renamed from no to nb. This should fix it for Norwegians, thanks to @Pam.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2018 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
By the way, i mentioned it before, adding a grey circle to the the compass like in your screenshot and in some of your proposals before looks in my eyes much better. Maybe @rinigus wants to use that icon, instead of just showing the needle.
I preferred so far a plain arrow, cannot really reason why - just preference. But, I am not gonna argue if senior designers prefer the other one.
I liked the plain arrow more, too. But now we have the indicator for the Auto-rotate mode which would be kind of lost without being in the circle.
I also liked the other buttons more without circles.

Originally Posted by olf View Post
One simple option would be not to show there anything, unless we are on the road.
IMO this would be too simple, as there are many situations (e.g. planning a trip in the proximity of the current location) in which displaying this distance is quite useful; actually more often than it is confusing.
Maybe there should be some kind of hint when tapping on the distance value or have it at least explained in FAQ or docs.

Btw, thank you very much for this awesome piece of software!

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Thanks for fixing icons. Now it works great!

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by atlochowski View Post
Thanks for fixing icons. Now it works great!
Oh, yeah. (10 chars)

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
New release is out: 1.24.0
For Sailfish users: I hopefully fixed blank-icons-on-main-map-page bug. That would have to be tested by those who have 3.1.0.12 on their devices. I would still have to update mine.
The icons are back for me on 3.1.0.11 (Gemini) - thanks for sorting it out. I'll update my Xperia X in the next day or two, I expect that it will be OK as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ Norway
@rinigus.
Is it possible to calculate travel by public transport in Norway? Here is the api documentation from https://en-tur.no.
Api doc: https://developer.entur.org

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PamNor For This Useful Post:
@PamNor: should be possible. "Just" have to write modules in routing and it should work. API is described at https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps...master/routers and the main part is to implement Python module for the router. Any interested Python coder from Norway?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ Norway
@rinigus: I can help with Norwegian language, but I'm not an Python coder.
Sorry.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PamNor For This Useful Post: