Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dancairo View Post
I must be doing something wrong...I've had the N900 since December and haven't missed a call yet! Maybe I'm just stupid!
You're lucky. Other folks are missing phone calls due to the slow wake up sometimes.

Others are witnessing that the phone just isn't ringing and goes straight to voice mail.

Just because you've not witnessed any problems doesn't mean that they don't exist. There were a few other threads that have talked about this in the past.

Congrats on your Galaxy S. There's quite a few things you can do to expand your phone's performance. There's a lag fix, I'm using the EXT4 version, but EXT2 is even faster. The GPS fixes are forthcoming and the 2.2 Froyo firmware has "leaked" but I heard it was problematic in its current form. So steer clear.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
I checked out the Galaxy S and well the 4" screen rocks my n900 is3.5" is too small. I decided it was a no go though.

I love the accuracy and pressure sensitivity of the resistive screen. (pray that capacitive loud-moths dot destroy force designers to abandon it)

it was thin and had a big battery which seemed like a good idea.

you still had to remove the cover to acsess the SD card, and the PIM was rather bad - as bad as maemo.

so while it is an improvement it isn't a leap forward.

Last edited by timwatt; 2010-09-02 at 02:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to timwatt For This Useful Post:
I had both of the problems Gerbick linked to.
A lot of people said they would go straight to voicemail. Other times my phone rings ONCE and then stops, must be because the phone was delayed in ringing to begin with.

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
Originally Posted by archzai View Post
I had both of the problems Gerbick linked to.
A lot of people said they would go straight to voicemail. Other times my phone rings ONCE and then stops, must be because the phone was delayed in ringing to begin with.
I don't have this problem, the only call I get is my wife and well I forward that to my office phone.

Thanks for letting us know about your Galaxy,
it helps to know what is out there in comparison.
Appreciated your post anyway.

And this:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Others are witnessing that the phone just isn't ringing and goes straight to voice mail.
Some of us (more than a few I suspect)
regard this as a hidden-value feature.

'Aw shucks - did you call me?
Oh my - that silly phone isn't working again must be that pesky bug.'

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
i would try to answer calls and the stupid thing would keep flipping the screen landscape and portrait. I'd hit the answer button and it wouldnt register because the cpu was trying to figure out how to flip the screen again.

but the N900 has massive potential, just seems like its the next Einstein but it got aborted by its parents.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scooterx517 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by theonelaw View Post
Some of us (more than a few I suspect)
regard this as a hidden-value feature.
I depend upon my telephone for business.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So you got Galaxy Suck? just kidding. But when you create a thread like this i think you provide more infomation about it and pro's and con's or something. otherwise I don't see any point of creating a thread like this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
I got a Galaxy S Captivate, pretty cool but it does lack some things from Maemo. Mostly the multitasking in Android is half baked because you can't really run apps in the background in the true sense, its like suspended or background services only. Also there are some sensor problems (gyro and compass and gps) that should be fixed with FroYo. Aside from that its super fast, works so freaking well with Google's stuff, etc. Its a phone that is also a internet tablet, not a internet tablet that is also a phone.

Also swype is good enough to replace a physical keyboard, hands down...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thesandlord For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
congs. i bought nexus one and sold my n900!! android ftw