does anyone know were I can get a screen protector for my N810? (my screen is getting scratched up) I would also like to know were the cheapest ones are. If anyone knows of any, please tell me!

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya

Originally Posted by 2733T View Post
does anyone know were I can get a screen protector for my N810? (my screen is getting scratched up) I would also like to know were the cheapest ones are. If anyone knows of any, please tell me!
How can we suggest a place where you can get screen protectors for cheap if we don't even know where you live?

Try www.boxwave.com, I think they make the best ones but they're not cheap (~ 13USD). I wouldn't cheap out on this if I were you, a good screen protector not only protects your screen from scratches but enables you to view the screen well, lasts a long time and provides an enjoyable experience, unlike cheaper solutions.

Originally Posted by stevel View Post
Try www.boxwave.com, I think they make the best ones but they're not cheap (~ 13USD). I wouldn't cheap out on this if I were you, a good screen protector not only protects your screen from scratches but enables you to view the screen well, lasts a long time and provides an enjoyable experience, unlike cheaper solutions.
Not to mention that the cheap ones can leave traces on the screen when removed (do they use glue?) and make useless your tablet in sunlight because of their reflectiveness...

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Brasilia, Brazil
AND also not to mention that they get all scratched up in no time. www.boxwave.com is probably a better option. Mine took two months to arrive in Brazil, but it really did improve readability on the screen, as well as being scratch-free =)

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
I didn't try the boxwave one, but I used both a (relatively) expensive one (3m vikuiti) and a cheap one from dealextreme.
The only difference I found is the price.

The Following User Says Thank You to luca For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ England
I have a boxwave screen protector on my n800 i have had it on for a year and its still good.
go for the anti-glare as it makes it much easier to read outside.
they are expensive but worth the price in a years time.

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by 2733T View Post
search ebay: ipod touch 2 -mirror

they have to be trimmed where the circle hole is and a little along the bottom. also, they get scratched up.

HOWEVER, they protect the screen AND you can get them for $0.10 to $0.20 each.

Those are all I use, and they are much more cost-effective (compared to $5 or $6 for the real ones).

Last edited by JayOnThaBeat; 2009-07-15 at 19:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Seeing that the N900 UI is so finger intensive, how does that impact your decision to get a screen protector for it?

I would prefer a protector, but perhaps it may be an impediment to use? I notice that on my n800 with protector, things like inertial scrolling do not work as well when I use my finger instead of the stylus.

Tags
n810, screen protector