Active Topics

Notices

I've also been trying to get Citrix working, with the little knowledge I have thus far of Linux* and no luck so far. At this point Citrix is installed and I can log-in to our '.ica launcher' but it downloads the .ica instead of opening it and/or recognizing it with Citrix XenApp MetaFrame XP.

I did came across an interesting link I wanted to share(in regards to this):
http://www.bleb.org/software/maemo/

At the bottom you will find some information about Citrix, which besides being a bit contradicting (it isn't, but it is easy possible?) might help some more advanced users a bit more.

Meanwhile I'll be RDesktop-ing and/or OpenVNC-ing it through my PC.

* part of the reason I got the N900, it would hopefully accelerate the learning process the phone being one of my main gadgets

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by MatthiasL View Post
n interesting link I wanted to share(in regards to this):
http://www.bleb.org/software/maemo/

At the bottom you will find some information about Citrix, which besides being a bit contradicting (it isn't, but it is easy possible?) might help some more advanced users a bit more.

Meanwhile I'll be RDesktop-ing and/or OpenVNC-ing it through my PC.
Unfortunately, with the advent of 2006 OS and the use of EABI, older ARM Linux binaries will no longer work on the 770 without recompilation. Therefore, unless Citrix recompile and provide new binaries, or an open source client is made available, Citrix is not easily possible on a modern Maemo device.
That's the same point brought up in a previous post about a break in binary compatibility at OS2006. Citrix has to be recompiled for the new format, and only Citrix has the code.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Thank you... I may call Citrix support to see if they have any ideas on this...

Originally Posted by Alan_Peery View Post
Export is a command to the shell that is processing your typing, starting programs in response, etc. You're telling the shell to share (export) a definition of a variable to child processes that the shell starts up. Unless you export a variable, it's local (effective) only for the shell and not its child processes.

In an xterm, try these commands in sequence:
set
foo=bar
food=beer
set
set | grep foo
env | grep foo
export food
env | grep foo

env is the child process in this example.

To type the pipe character on the N900 you'll need to access the symbols characters.

I was able to get the citrix reciever for arm linux working. I had the developement repos enabled.

as root
1. install as directed from install.txt for citrix
2. apt-get install libXaw.so.7
3. apt-get install libXinerama1

I downloaded a launch.ica file by logging into the WIG and right clicking on a published app.

then ran
./wfica launch.ica

note: it is not optimized for the N900 and does not let you scroll around the screen.

Last edited by mookie_black; 2010-02-06 at 18:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mookie_black For This Useful Post:
mentioned this in a few other threads but there is a new debian version of the client that seems to support armel processors. I haven't gotten it to work yet but maybe one of you will have more luck.

Originally Posted by mookie_black View Post
I was able to get the citrix reciever for arm linux working. I had the developement repos enabled.

as root
1. install as directed from install.txt for citrix
2. apt-get install libXaw.so.7
3. apt-get install libXinerama1

I downloaded a launch.ica file by logging into the WIG and right clicking on a published app.

then ran
./wfica launch.ica

note: it is not optimized for the N900 and does not let you scroll around the screen.
I was able execute the launch.ica from the browser.

1. apt-get install libXaw.so.7
2. apt-get install libXinerama1
3. create a directory called citrix inside /home (/home/citrix)
4. download the citrix linux client for arm 11.100 (linuxarm-11.100.158406.tar.gz) and save in /home/citrix
5. tar -xvzf linuxarm-11.100.158406.tar.gz (inside /home/citrix)
6. ./setupwfc (accept the default choices, just change the installation folder to /home/user/ICAClient)
7. vi /etc/profile insert 'export ICAROOT=/home/user/ICAClient' in the line below of 'export PATH...'
8. cp /home/user/ICAClient/npica.so /home/user/.mozilla/plugins/
9. reboot
10. Open maemo default browser, point to your citrix web interface (If citrix asks to install the client, just select "I already have...") and try to lauch something.

I'm able to lauch my applications using the citrix web interface.

Thanks!

Ops! I forgot one step... chown -R user.users /home/user/.ICAClient (yep, with the dot)

Last edited by vipperx; 2010-06-09 at 23:03.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vipperx For This Useful Post:
I tried the steps and immediately get a 'Couldn't find package libXaw.so.7'
I have enabled Dev repos in HAM - any ideas what I have done wrong.
Also - the added step. Does it need to be done at any specific stage in the steps above?
Thx

EDIT - someone on whirlpool.net.au posted this for me
Go to the terminal, and type this:

$> root
$> apt-cache search libxaw

if you get a result back such as this:

libxaw7 - X11 Athena Widget library

then you can install it using this command:

$> apt-get install libxaw7

Citrix receiver now operating

Last edited by Beatty; 2010-06-22 at 10:01. Reason: Solved Problem

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beatty For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vipperx View Post
I was able execute the launch.ica from the browser.

1. apt-get install libXaw.so.7
2. apt-get install libXinerama1
3. create a directory called citrix inside /home (/home/citrix)
4. download the citrix linux client for arm 11.100 (linuxarm-11.100.158406.tar.gz) and save in /home/citrix
5. tar -xvzf linuxarm-11.100.158406.tar.gz (inside /home/citrix)
6. ./setupwfc (accept the default choices, just change the installation folder to /home/user/ICAClient)
7. vi /etc/profile insert 'export ICAROOT=/home/user/ICAClient' in the line below of 'export PATH...'
8. cp /home/user/ICAClient/npica.so /home/user/.mozilla/plugins/
9. reboot
10. Open maemo default browser, point to your citrix web interface (If citrix asks to install the client, just select "I already have...") and try to lauch something.

I'm able to lauch my applications using the citrix web interface.

Thanks!

Ops! I forgot one step... chown -R user.users /home/user/.ICAClient (yep, with the dot)
In Step 7, for newbs (like me)
'insert' is achieved by typing 'i' then the text

quit and save is achieved by typing :wq

This link http://ss64.com/bash/vi.html saved me...

The Following User Says Thank You to Beatty For This Useful Post:
FWIW I was just playing around with this again and was getting the blank-window problem but then, as if by magic, it just started working. I am not sure what I did but if I can figure it out I'll post something here.

My belief as to what is wrong (the blank window problem) is that the N900 window manager (hildon-desktop) is getting the focus information wrong or similar. The problems with ICAClient sound a lot like those in http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=36952&page=4 to me. I was going to try forcing focus of the XenDesktop window before it all just "annoyingly" worked.

Oh, and for the record, if you want to get out of the client (minimise) without closing it then the only way I've come up with is to open the lens cover (or maybe push the camera key). All the keypresses get grabbed by the application.

The Following User Says Thank You to iamsrp For This Useful Post:
I believe I understand what's happening now and it does look like it's down to focus; the Citrix window will not both to paint unless it believes it has focus (I think). It can sometimes come up without correctly getting focus (what most people seem to witness) or it can lose focus if you get an IM or SMS and the little yellow alert wings by.

The work-around I have for this is to use the camera shutter trick to get back to the Hildon window chooser and then to select the Citrix window and bring it back to the fore. At this point it seems happy again.

All I need to do now is to figure out how one might send CTRL-ALT-DEL it to

The Following User Says Thank You to iamsrp For This Useful Post:

Tags
application, citrix, citrix client, client, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, request