Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@hhaveri
Done - I have sent you the .ambience file and some screenshots. Let me know what additional info you might need to debug.
Checked the permissions - all files(stock and user) in /usr/share/ambience/ have the same permissions.
Thank you for your effort!

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Hungary
Hei,

This morning I also noticed some really nasty laggings on the UI of the phone. After a few seconds it passed and ever since my phone works fine.

Might be the new SFOS release, though...

LVPVS over.

@hhaveri

Changed all permissions to 777 for the user created ambiences - still names not displayed. All files and folders in /usr/share/ambience/ are owned by root.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@hhaveri

Changed all permissions to 777 for the user created ambiences - still names not displayed. All files and folders in /usr/share/ambience/ are owned by root.
Can you show your ".ambience" file?

@Schturman
Here you are:

Code:
{
    "translationCatalog"        : "ambience-hal9000",
    "displayName"               : "HAL9000",
    "wallpaper"                 : "ambience-hal9000.png",
    "highlightColor"            : "#81e6ff",
    "secondaryHighlightColor"   : "#81e6ff99",
    "primaryColor"              : "#FFFFFFFF",
    "secondaryColor"            : "#FFFFFF99",
    "ringerVolume"              : 40,
    "favorite"                  : true
}

Looks ok... And the folder with the same name "ambience-hal9000" ?

@Schturman
No, the folder is named just "hal9000". But the system finds and uses the given ambience without any problems. The name is displayed just fine as well.
For the sake of exactness I changed "translationCatalog" to match the folder name - still name not displayed by Situations app, just an empty place holder line.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 596 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Finland
@Schturman
No, the folder is named just "hal9000". But the system finds and uses the given ambience without any problems. The name is displayed just fine as well.
For the sake of exactness I changed "translationCatalog" to match the folder name - still name not displayed by Situations app, just an empty place holder line.
Situations is picky (perhaps too much) about the folder/file names. The folder and .ambience filename need to match currently (they match with all other ambiences I've seen so far). So for now you should either change "hal9000" folder to "hal_9000" - or the other way around.

Br,
Heikki

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
@Schturman
After changing the name, try to kill Situations and reload it again.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by hhaveri View Post
Situations is picky (perhaps too much) about the folder/file names. The folder and .ambience filename need to match currently (they match with all other ambiences I've seen so far). So for now you should either change "hal9000" folder to "hal_9000" - or the other way around.

Br,
Heikki
Hei,

Does Situations App change the Ambiences via dbus calls?

Code:
dbus-send --session --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=com.jolla.ambienced /com/jolla/ambienced com.jolla.ambienced.setAmbience string: 'file:///usr/share/ambience/your_ambience/your_ambience.ambience'
LVPVS over.

Tags
sailfish os, situations