Notices

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
just spotted this in the Store, just downloaded it and will report back soon.

Official description and link below

"QPSearch stands for Qt Parallel Search Application. Since every internet search engines have different searching characteristics, they will return different search results for the same keywords. QPSearch allows the users to search the keywords through multiple search engines simultaneously with just one click. There are 3 tabs in QPSearch that each tab contains search results returned from different Google,Yahoo,Bing."

EDIT: not very good impression so far upon retrieving search results it made my device reboot, seemed little slow too
EDIT 2: seriously how does nokia QA work,it must not even exist.
2nd try i was able to retrieve results but as soon i started to look through list with most lagged scrolling ever it rebooted device again

http://store.ovi.com/content/43195?c...a=applications

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-07-13 at 22:27.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
i must add it does say beta once you start app but even so its in Ovi Store, to get in there its implying its end use Quality and very stable and passed QA which does not seem to be the case.
i recommend People use Touchsearch widget from maemo.org EXTRAS instead

EDIT: I have nothing against the developer hes not to blame.
this is aimed at Nokia/Ovi b/c its not the first time apps with defects have passed QA so i'm questioning the process they are using b/c its not like they have to 1000's of maemo apps to test and its just the odd one what is getting through with faults.

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-07-13 at 22:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
Hmm it worked no problem for me with no crashes, its definately laggy though so thats not a good thing!

Originally Posted by jer006 View Post
Hmm it worked no problem for me with no crashes, its definately laggy though so thats not a good thing!
its working ok for me after 2nd reboot,i've noticed lagged scrolling go's away once after you've scrolled to the bottom of each list. i have no idea why its not rebooting my device now b/c i'm running it under the exact same conditions as before

Tags
application, ovistore, search