Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Maybe it helps someone - I messed up my microSD with a former btrfs format and @chemists android mount - something went wrong after an update and the card became unreadable and unfortunately unformatable - tried it with OS X, Linux and Windows as well as with several phones - nothing
Today I found my old N8 in the drawer and remembered the workaround for the WP7 sd cards and thought to give it a try and - success :-) - the N8 told me that the sd is password secured in first place but in the file manager I was able to choose format and - magic - it's back to live

What have we learned today - keep your old hardware, it can do things where modern devices struggle ;-)

Btw Symbian is still annoying from the point of user experience;-)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Any Symbian phone can restore weird sd card format, especially like wp7's which isn't even readable on others. Old s60v3 can do that as well. (As long as device supports SDHC)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by elastic View Post
Maybe it helps someone - I messed up my microSD with a former btrfs format and @chemists android mount - something went wrong after an update and the card became unreadable and unfortunately unformatable - tried it with OS X, Linux and Windows as well as with several phones - nothing
Did you try to "dd if=/dev/zero/ of=/dev/{sdcard}" on it?