Posts: 51 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Klein/Spring, Texas, USA
Well, my N9 rootfs recovery efforts have hit an impasse. I tried all the backup superblocks ( whose block numbers have to be multiplied by 4 as I found out in my case ) but when I try to mount the rootfs image I get the same error :

"mount: /mnt/n9-root: mount(2) system call failed: Stale file handle."

I've used debugfs to partially recover the rootfs, but there is massive filesystem corruption. Most of what was in the /usr , /etc , /bin and /sbin directory trees survived intact, but the rest of the directories are empty with everything else being in lost+found . The command I used to try to recover the filesystem was "debugfs -R 'rdump / ./recovery7/' /dev/loop2" and I also tried all the backup superblocks with debugfs but it didn't fix the corruption.

The problem is that in critical parts of the filesystem, the eMMC NAND flash erase blocks are corrupted and the eMMC flash controller just issues an I/O error and so 64KiB of data is lost per block. I really need lower level access to the flash. To this end, I contacted Fonefunshop Ltd concerning the compatibility of the Nokia N9 64GiB eMMC and their "Z3x Easy Jtag Plus Box". I received a response of "z3x easy jtag should be able to connect to a nokia N9 by soldering testpoints (ISP) if the pinout i found below online is correct" where the pinout link is : https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-X...2ffbc6a109.jpg . I think the N9 64GiB eMMC chip is a Samsung KLMCG8GE2A-A001 but I can't find its pinout or user guide / manual anywhere. Concerning the aforementioned pinout image with the test points, I don't see how it relates to the Nokia N9 mainboard as the 64GiB eMMC on the Nokia N9 mainboard is the bottom, middle, rectangular chip in this image and I don't see any test points ( The image is quite low resolution. If anyone has any higher res closeups they can share with me, I'd be grateful ).

Any help, info or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

jdb2

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jdb2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Klein/Spring, Texas, USA
Well, after much research, it appears that the information on the Samsung eMMC part that is used in the Nokia N9 / N950 is proprietary and not available. I don't what what the structure of the FTL ( Flash Translation Layer ) is for the eMMC and so I wouldn't know what the LBA to flash erase block mappings would be. This is a problem because something like this works at the flash erase block level and bypasses the flash controller. I'm just glad that my MyDocs filesystem survived with apparently no problems. I don't have much hope though for recovering the rootfs, unless I can get proprietary Samsung eMMC documents.

jdb2

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jdb2 For This Useful Post:

Tags
aegis, battery, bricked, n9-00, warning