Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
You need to delete pairing on n900 and re-pair it again in order to connect, now it connects to your PC and refuses connection with n900
I already had bt on my pc deactivated and even unplugged the usb-stick. I switched keyboard off and on again and also turned bt on N900 off and on again.
The error clearly says that something on bt-stack on n900 is not running.

Some screen shots to prove I am not crazy

The BT icon lights up blue instead of white when it is paired, you can even see it is paired by the disconnect button on the BT UI. The extkbd UI does not let me save anything, it does however let me disconnect then reconnect the keyboard. The keyboards light goes off (just as it does with my normal computer) when it has been paired.
Attached Images

@xxxxts: what do you get when clicking in extkbd UI on that 'keyboard' line? Mine is displaying the string "Bluetooth Wireless keyboard" below "Keyboard" which seems to indicate that this bt-device is to be configured. Probably you first have to select that and then can continue.

Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
@xxxxts: what do you get when clicking in extkbd UI on that 'keyboard' line? Mine is displaying the string "Bluetooth Wireless keyboard" below "Keyboard" which seems to indicate that this bt-device is to be configured. Probably you first have to select that and then can continue.
When I click on Keyboard there is nothing else there, nothing to select or configure.

I rebooted, removed the Apple Keyboard, repaired, and tried again - here are some more screen shots and logs;

I am pretty lost...

P.S. Thanks for everyone's help.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip lshal.zip (7.6 KB, 110 views)
File Type: txt dmesg.log.txt (15.2 KB, 129 views)
File Type: txt Xorg.0.log.txt (4.4 KB, 165 views)

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@xxxxts - what is seen in logs is that for some reason bluetooth stack loads HID plugin, but does not register new input device. Have no idea why but is unrelated to extkbd. Two things i can think of remaining:

install syslogd:

as root in xterm type "apt-get install syslogd" without quotes. this will gather additional logs in /var/log/syslog and maybe there will be some clue what is going on with your n900.

OR

reflash , hoping that it will solve your problem.

BTW - how is my dmesg log looks like

677.103393] hci_h4p hci_h4p: firmware: requesting bcmfw.bin
[ 701.121978] Bluetooth: HIDP (Human Interface Emulation) ver 1.2
[ 701.134002] input: Apple Wireless Keyboard as /class/input/input4
[ 701.224548] generic-bluetooth 0005:05AC:023A.0001: input: BLUETOOTH HID v0.44 Keyboard [Apple Wireless Keyboard] on G8:76:F9:A3E:40

yours is missing last two lines

Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
I already had bt on my pc deactivated and even unplugged the usb-stick. I switched keyboard off and on again and also turned bt on N900 off and on again.
The error clearly says that something on bt-stack on n900 is not running.
n900 does not care about bluetooth dongles connected to your PC. Neither does keyboard. Switching keyboard off and on does not clear MAC address of last device it has been connected to, that is why I said to remove pairing FROM BT UI ON N900 and re-pair keyboard WITH N900

...or maybe your keyboard is just not compatible with N900 bluetooth stack

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
@xxxxts - what is seen in logs is that for some reason bluetooth stack loads HID plugin, but does not register new input device. Have no idea why but is unrelated to extkbd. Two things i can think of remaining:

install syslogd:

as root in xterm type "apt-get install syslogd" without quotes. this will gather additional logs in /var/log/syslog and maybe there will be some clue what is going on with your n900.

OR

reflash , hoping that it will solve your problem.

BTW - how is my dmesg log looks like

677.103393] hci_h4p hci_h4p: firmware: requesting bcmfw.bin
[ 701.121978] Bluetooth: HIDP (Human Interface Emulation) ver 1.2
[ 701.134002] input: Apple Wireless Keyboard as /class/input/input4
[ 701.224548] generic-bluetooth 0005:05AC:023A.0001: input: BLUETOOTH HID v0.44 Keyboard [Apple Wireless Keyboard] on G8:76:F9:A3E:40

yours is missing last two lines
Is it possible that my Apple Wireless Keyboard is using different firmware? Could that be causing the problem?

Have no idea what is wrong. Anyway why don't you try with reflash

n900 does not care about bluetooth dongles connected to your PC. Neither does keyboard. Switching keyboard off and on does not clear MAC address of last device it has been connected to, that is why I said to remove pairing FROM BT UI ON N900 and re-pair keyboard WITH N900
Aaah, didn't know that the keyboard stores the address somehow. I thought that powering off and on again would make it forget having been connected to PC. That's why I also removed the stick from the pc so the pc can't jump in and reclaim the keyboard again.
...or maybe your keyboard is just not compatible with N900 bluetooth stack
It is somehow compatible but I can't make any different mapping active. That's my current problem. I mean, setting the mapping (layout or what else it is called) to US should map the keys to a qwerty layout, right? But it doesn't. The only effect I got at all was after setting to france, when no key had any effect anymore. Setting back to german activated old behaviour again.

Next, I'll try the tools you gave me. evdev should print the keycodes for a pressed key so I can at least check if they are same as on PC and probably port the correct mapping from there.

Tags
bluetooth, keyboard