Active Topics

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
i'm a proud owner of the n900 for a week now, what a device!! , but after i updaded to pr1.2 over the air i had some problems with the device.
first- its my biggest problems, the youtube page, iis not openning at all, the browser's bar goes left and right (searching for site) than it loads a bit than the bar freezes ! i disabled java script and than the youtube page opens partially( like i'm using an old symbian browser, were i can't click on anything ),kind of like on my old e75's opera mobile, i restored from a backup in the backup app, the youtube page worked great, than i installed some apps from the maemo extras, restarted the phone, and than the youtube page stoped loading again, i clearred my phone ( from the settings) and the problem is still there, please i need some help on that.
second- maemo.org in not refreshing in the app mannager it says hash sum mismatch , anyhelp on that two ?
third- i downloaded some videos from zoutube, and yes i had the decoders installed, but the videos won't show up in my media player, in the app manager they work fine after it shows a unreadble files, but i clicked the media player in choose program, and they worked fine, i uninstalled the decoders and the same thing happened, nothing changed.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
meamo.org should make a taskbar with the title:PROBLEMS AFTER PR1.2??JUST FLASH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
after major updates its RECOMMENDED to flash the whole device.the fiasco image and the emmc.here is a link to the wiki how you can do it http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

i've experienced lower signal strengths at home and constant dropouts after the PR1.2 update.
www.redbox.com gives me an xml parsing error.

so far two annoyances I've encountered after the update.

anyone knows if maemo is working on any fixes?or is anyone else experiencing similar errors?

i flashed my device. i have a new problem. now occasionally when a call comes in and i try to answer the call. the phone app is in portrait without auto-rotate as always. but now when i answer it sometimes it shows 4 buttons for a brief 2 seconds as if its trying to rotate from landscape or something, and many times i accidently hit reject while its still trying change from 4 buttons back to 2 buttons... anyone seen this?

Originally Posted by atilla View Post
after major updates its RECOMMENDED to flash the whole device.the fiasco image and the emmc.here is a link to the wiki how you can do it http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware
I beg to differ here: I always did my upgrades OTA and never had problems. Most of the time the problem arises when people activate test/dev repo's, installing unsupported "bad" things and such. If you know what you're doing, this is fine, but the basic user should stay away from test/dev repo's. Where does it say that reflashing is recommended for major updates?

Originally Posted by liedekef View Post
I beg to differ here: I always did my upgrades OTA and never had problems. Most of the time the problem arises when people activate test/dev repo's, installing unsupported "bad" things and such. If you know what you're doing, this is fine, but the basic user should stay away from test/dev repo's. Where does it say that reflashing is recommended for major updates?
agreed! in fact my phone behaved as described, so I believe a flash command was already included in the PR1.2 update. I lost all my repos, all additional software was gone, etc.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ India
the biggest problem for me post PR1.2 is the double click on the browser....became worse

Originally Posted by rcarlos View Post
the biggest problem for me post PR1.2 is the double click on the browser....became worse
I agree completely. This is soooo annoying. Otherwise I like the update. But I am thisclose to going back.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@kazuki
There is a bug report already filed: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10613
You can vote for it.