Hi everyone,

Today, I was using the clock program that comes with the Nokia 770 for the very first time. I tried using the alarm function and boom, the Nokia freezes. However, I was still able to turn off the Nokia using the Turn on/off switch and so I did.

However, upon turning it back on, it now goes through an infinite reset loop (as I know a lot of people here have experienced). After 15-20 cycles, it shuts itself down. Also, whenever I plug in the power adapter to charge the battery, it would go through the same infinite reset loop. I'm worried because right before it froze, the power was at 2 bars. This means that even if I attempt to reflash it, it might stop halfway because of low power and result in a brick (or at least that is what I have read).

Anyways, I did try to reflash the Nokia anyways but the Nokia 770 Software Updater (MS Windows) can't seem to recognize the device when I plug it into my computer via USB. As a result, I can't seem to reflash it.

Can anyone help me out here? Is this the WSOD white screen of death everyone is talking about? Is there a way for me to reflash the device?

All help is appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Hi. Did you try taking the battery completely out for 5 seconds or so? Sometimes totally cutting the power helps with these types of issues.

Also, I recall that you had to have the device powered off, then y0ou plug in the usb cable and while holding down the home key you power on the device. I'm not sure if you came across these instructions or not on your pc.

I too am a noob so take that with a grain of salt and all that.