Posts: 31 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ san jose, ca
Hello,

I listen to internet radio everyday, switching genres depending on the time of day.

Woke up this morning, fired up the N810, loaded media player, viewed library,internet radio, directory, genres and the list is blank! Went back to directory and tried countries....blank!

So, I rebooted and the same thing happened.

How do I get my list of radio stations back? Oh, I don't know how to get the root and play.

The internet radio is one of my favorite applications on the N810...darn!

Thanks for any help,

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
do you see other media in the media player? local video/audio files?

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Melfa, VA, USA
Can confirm that all the directories in the media player are blank. The bbc stuff still works.

Ideas?

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Michigan
I can't explain why they're gone, or tell you how to get them back (mine don't work any more either -- they were working last night). However, the stations at shoutcast.com work -- I'm listening as I type this, so even if the Internet Radio functionality is broken, you can still listen to the music.

confirmed, built in Internet Radio not working anymore.

hmmm ...this is wierd, just for the heck of it I tried media player again and the radio stations are back.

Who fixed it Are there updates going on in the background?

thanks for all the help and nice to know it just was'nt me

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by nrune View Post
Can confirm that all the directories in the media player are blank. The bbc stuff still works.
There's bug #3970 that makes audio/video files disappear from the media player. None of the people involved reported anything about radio stations, but if you say all your directories are empty (that's why I asked), maybe it's the same bug.

Nope, just the radio stations in all categories disappeared.
The videos were there, and a song from Moby was still there, the one that came with the n810.

But now there are back. I'm just curious now, why did they disappear and why re-appear the next day?

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
I was having an issue where Media Player would not build the library at all and the pop window that said "unable to perform operation." I renamed the file called ".meta_storage" to ".meta_storage_bak" and then as root, entered "reboot" on the command-line. I found this posted here:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=21356

After booting, when I opened Media Player the unable to perform operation message appeared briefly, but the library did rebuild. Seems ok now.

hmmm....never got anything like that.

Media player worked fine with any other files of any kind. It's just the internet radio stations were gone and the next day were back

Another mystery to ponder