Originally Posted by knobby View Post
u can either refocus the video by soft pressing camera key or use the keyboard ..... (shift+) G or F..during recording..
Thank You for this post - now I can fully enjoy new N900 ability and appreciate freemangordon work.

PS - saving videos (on eMMC) is taking long time here, is it normal?

i was reluctant to try it but it worked flawlessly. superb job .. accept my humble thanks.

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Dhaka
played a avi nicely

Format : AVI
File size : 171 MiB
Overall bit rate : 4 499 Kbps
Bit rate : 4 430 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 528 pixels
Frame rate : 23.976 fps

CPU @ 720 MHz and DSP @ 430 MHz
both smartreflex on.

but MP4

Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID : mp42
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels

not smooth even at 1.15GHz DSP @ 600MHz

Originally Posted by carbonjha View Post
not smooth even at 1.15GHz DSP @ 600MHz
Nice way to kill Your device <ok>

---
Code:
sbl overflow 002000
I'm getting this in dmesg, after recording HD videos, alongside tens of repearing lines like:
Code:
[63907.468261] memory_sync_page: no page for 46ea2000
[63907.468292] proc_memory_sync: InValid address parameters 46e66080 f1300
What does it mean? should I limit overclocking DSP to even higher frequencies, or is it harmless?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-11-23 at 06:55.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Yeah, saw it. Nothing new, those public binaries are available for long time ago. And as Felipe points they are missing h264 encoder. Plus MP4 encoder supports up to WVGA resolution. And are crap compared to stock n900 binaries. Maybe I missed the point but those are of no use.

Anyway, we don't need to redistribute codec binaries, it is pretty enough Nokia to distribute them in a way n900 apt to be able to access them without need to enable harmattan repo. Dedicated repo should be enough. Or something like that.

For gst-dsp from google.code - yeah, it works most of the time. But not always. And one of the major differences between harmattan gst-dsp and that on google.code is that in harmattan one codec binary to be loaded in DSP is selected based on video profile, not only on video fourcc. And it has never been tested with h264 encoder as such is missing in public binaries, so no videocall.

Anyway, it is a great success to have the author on the bugtracker. Seems my old account don't work there, so I will make a new one and will try to add some additional comments on the bug.

Big thanks again for your efforts.
@pali - As you saw (being on CC) I wrote an additional explanations on bugtracker. Though not keeping high hopes . Do you think it is possible do get a confirmation from Quim that we are allowed to put those binaries on extras-devel as a part of community project (i.e. Quim's exception) ?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Nice way to kill Your device <ok>

---
Code:
sbl overflow 002000
I'm getting this in dmesg, after recording HD videos, alongside tens of repearing lines like:
Code:
[63907.468261] memory_sync_page: no page for 46ea2000
[63907.468292] proc_memory_sync: InValid address parameters 46e66080 f1300
What does it mean? should I limit overclocking DSP to even higher frequencies, or is it harmless?

/Estel
Lower your DSP frequencies to see if those continue to appear.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@pali - As you saw (being on CC) I wrote an additional explanations on bugtracker. Though not keeping high hopes . Do you think it is possible do get a confirmation from Quim that we are allowed to put those binaries on extras-devel as a part of community project (i.e. Quim's exception) ?
Quim wrote me:
As said, Nokia is happy supporting OSS experimentation by not being
picky on the redistribution of Nokia binaries for other Nokia devices as
long as the activity is kept at an OSS community level.

We really can't tell anything about third party binaries since they
simply don't belong to us. Thank you for your understanding.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 244 | Thanked: 354 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Scotland
I bit the proverbial bullet and chucked this on my N900 last night after slaughtering a chicken and dancing round it's still twitching corpse (as per correct process for correctly installing kernel-power-49) and smiled like a child on Christmas morning.

The reason I'm posting is that it is worth noting that downloaded BBC Iplayer content (i.e. using the get-iplayer perl script) now plays without any grief, whereas before it could not cope (it would complain about missing codec). As such, my life is now complete.

Tried ipad.tvcatchup.com ; media-player moaned about malformed playlist ... but I was making the kids' breakfast at the time so didn't really have time to look into it.

720p recording is really rather beautiful too. I had to dpkg -i twice to get the camera-ui to show the additional resolutions ; no great shakes but worth noting.

Mighty thanks to all those involved. You really are giants amongst men.

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
Hi i want to ask something really need from cssu to use camera-ui

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by disappear
Hi i want to ask something really need from cssu to use camera-ui
So after no one answered me i manage myself.Install camera-ui without cssu and uder options(resolution settings)found sereval options:
camerabdresolutionhd16x9 camerabdresolutionhd4x3
camerabdresolutiondvd16x9 camerabdresolutiondvd4x3
high 16:9 fine 4:3
low 4:3
Yes,the quality really is gut.

The Following User Says Thank You to disappear For This Useful Post:

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player